Tick remover!

Man of Honour
techniquley you shouldn't pull a tick off, it breaks the "beak" and can transmit what ever nasties its carrying. Not normally much off a problem in the uk though.

If you cover it in talcum powder, it blokes its breaving holes and it will full off.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
techniquley you shouldn't pull a tick off, it breaks the "beak" and can transmit what ever nasties its carrying. Not normally much off a problem in the uk though.

If you cover it in talcum powder, it blokes its breaving holes and it will full off.
anyone understand that?

Soldato
OP
Pulled it out, but made a strange tearing noise as I did that :confused: Can't see if any bits of it remained in the skin, put some antiseptic on the wound but will get a doc's appointment on Monday just to make sure.

I ran all over town, nobody stocks these remover thingys :mad:

Soldato
OP
Mr.Orb said:
How did you get the tick? Don't they live in really, really dirty water or something like that?

I was in Slovenia for a few days, and went hiking on Thursday, so either there (in which case it survived 3 showers and 2 pairs of socks :eek: ) or earlier today when I did some work in the garden in the morning...

Soldato
Ex-RoNiN said:
Pulled it out, but made a strange tearing noise as I did that :confused: Can't see if any bits of it remained in the skin, put some antiseptic on the wound but will get a doc's appointment on Monday just to make sure.

I ran all over town, nobody stocks these remover thingys :mad:

Would have been much easier covering the thing in butter and waiting for it to drop off. Used to have to do it to my cat loads when i lived in Norway.(Thats covering the tick in butter, not the cat!)

Soldato
you can get them off plants that you brush up against if you are hiking, walking, etc - not too bad in the UK though.

I think that you can get them off by pouring whiskey on them aswell! Although this may be an old scottish wives tale... they will aparently fall out!

BUUTTT ...

Nuke it from orbit F . T . W!!!! !!!!!!!!!!111111 1! !4 24214!!!!

Associate
Docaroo said:
I think that you can get them off by pouring whiskey on them aswell! Although this may be an old scottish wives tale... they will aparently fall out!

Technically it'd be whisky if you're in Scotland [/pedant] however it seems about right - meths will remove them too.

Associate
messiah khan said:
Ah, but the thing thats really going to do your nut in; is if the butter is only on the cats back and you throw the cat up into the air, will it land butter side down or on its feet? :D

And if the cat's in a box with a vial of poison, is it dead or alive or are you just unsure? :D

Back
Top Bottom