Tidal doing away with higher tier

Soldato
yes I've been with tidal for 8 odd years -
the exclusive bit-perfect mode on windows (use a usb dac) versus other options spotify/amazon, is one appeal, not tried Qobuz though.

the 2024 upgade, I inadvertently made, will no longer run on windows7 though, so I needed to re-install an older one.

I am suspicious than on tidal the live tracks they provide are genuinely the ones from the particular album/recording you play, versus generic versions,
some older albums (recommended on stevehoffman) also not present.

Soldato
fwiw MQA still there eg.

TITLE
Teardrop (Remastered 2006)
AiaTSTSe
Massive
Attack, Elizabeth Praser
L E
Bite Size Massive Attack
E L E

12/2S/2006
LABEL
)
2009 virgin Records limited

Soldato
Just moved over to Tidal from Amazon Music Unlimited, I got tired of Amazon's inability to properly implement Exclusive Mode. So far I'm very impressed, it all works well, sounds great and seems to have a decent catalogue of the kind of music I enjoy, not just the hip hop drivel. I'm currently on a 30 day free trial but have already cancelled Amazon Music and uninstalled it. I haven't bothered trying to transfer my library as I quite enjoy building a new one.

Soldato
OP
Just noticed the upgrade today, actually from the better quality first. Nice.

I really need to get some kind of Tidal Connect DAC to run into my amp downstairs. Probably keep an eye for a Naim ND-something.

Soldato
Just noticed the upgrade today, actually from the better quality first. Nice.

I really need to get some kind of Tidal Connect DAC to run into my amp downstairs. Probably keep an eye for a Naim ND-something.

I've got the ND5 XS2 and it's a lovely piece of kit.

I'm currently on Qobuz as I moved from Tidal since non of my gear unpacked MQA

Associate
I've been considering giving Tidal another look as it's now cheaper to get the hi-res content, also interested in Atmos playback, I have a Marantz app which supports Tidal through its Heos app, but sounds like that doesn't support Atmos and only sources coming through HDMI get Atmos. I have an Apple TV 4K gen 4, so believe I can install Tidal on that and get Atmos, is that correct? And if I do that, can I control the playback from my iPhone or iPad as I don't want to have to put my screen on to use it.

Back
Top Bottom