• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TIM removing - what cloth??

Soldato
I use a lint free cloth, usually for cleaning LCD screen or glasses, works a treat and doesn't leave any particles left behind. Cotton buds sometimes leave strands on the CPU, which can cause slight issues, but usually they're fine, just make sure there's no strands hanging off the one you're using.

Soldato
I use a lint free cloth, usually for cleaning LCD screen or glasses, works a treat and doesn't leave any particles left behind. Cotton buds sometimes leave strands on the CPU, which can cause slight issues, but usually they're fine, just make sure there's no strands hanging off the one you're using.

+1

I used to use cotton buds, but there is usually a bit of cotton left on the surface when you use these (i'm sure this hardly effects performance, if at all). However, I spotted some glasses cleaning cloths in boots and have used them since.

Soldato
kitchen roll for budget use
coffee filter papers if you have them are better
lint free cloth is best.

A razor blade is also useful from time to time (if thermal cement is used)

I use kitchen roll get the gloop off, then kitchen roll again to clean with ArticClean1 - then do a final wipe/buff with a lens cloth and ArticClean2
that way the cloth is good for 50+ applications

Last edited:
Soldato
toilet roll, thats all you need

the.jpg

Associate
I use a lint free cloth too, they're cheap and for the price you can't complain really.

Supprised they don't sell them here, a lot of companies in the US stock them and I think its a great idea.

Soldato
loo roll as indicated above and recently using the Arctic tim cleaner kit, got it free so figured i might aswell use it lol

hows your i5 doing, im sitting here at on stock cooler 4ghz + turbo = 4.2GHz)

purchased a cooler master tx3, was only £13 inc, damn thing is taking too long to arrive

Back
Top Bottom