Time for a mobo / CPU upgrade....advice welcome

Associate
Want to change my mobo as I've no on-board USB 3 and also still on SATA I and have a SATA II SSD so could be making better use of it. Changing the mobo always seems like a good time to do the CPU, so looking at options.

I've always had AMD and am happy with that as I don't usually play the very latest games, I tend to wait a while as they get cheaper and go on offer on steam, so a tear or 2 down the line even.

Things seem to have got a bit more complex since the last time I did this (current spec in sig), so any thoughts on a good combo appreciated. I've been looking at some A88XM gaming boards, as would prefer good heatsinks for some overclocking.

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

Soldato
I would have thought so given they are the latest gen. have a browse through the link below for more detailed info,
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...pu-discussion.18665505/page-158#post-30508233

in the long run you may well find changing out to the latest mobo/cpu/ram is better value. as products go eol they tend to go up in price instead of down. even if they don't go up in price you may well find it difficult sourcing replacements should you need to.

Soldato
displaying fine for me - have you disabled sigs?

I see this ;
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite, Thermaltake Purepower RX 450
Asus M4A88T-M, AMD Phenom II 965 BE
Akasa 875BL Cooler, 2x 2GB + 2x 4GB G-Skill Ripjaws X 1600
Samsung 850 EVO, Aerocool Cooltouch-R

Thanks Kwango. I haven't disabled sigs but maybe I have to enable it, since the change.

Yup, all good now.

Associate
what would youre budget be? you could go for a 990FX board and drop in an FX cpu that way you can use your DDR3 ram.
Or if youre budget allows you could go for an 1150 board with an i5 and still use your DDR3 ram.

Back
Top Bottom