Time for an upgrade please help spec a bundle

Associate
OP
ok ill find out the length of warrenty also i think the it guy said the cpu may be knackered as they could only get windows 7 on there anything higher + any load and it crashes.
So not 100% if its just the mobo.

Soldato
ok ill find out the length of warrenty also i think the it guy said the cpu may be knackered as they could only get windows 7 on there anything higher + any load and it crashes.
So not 100% if its just the mobo.

You'd know of CPU. Wouldn't work when loading to log in screen or mobo beep error

Associate
OP
why isit me? brought the amd bundle with the 1080 all plugged in and im constantly getting bsod and freezing. where is the best place to ask for help on this forum isit under the windows and software section?

Soldato
why isit me? brought the amd bundle with the 1080 all plugged in and im constantly getting bsod and freezing. where is the best place to ask for help on this forum isit under the windows and software section?

Was the X370 K7 bundle was it ?

which ram kit did you get ? and have you enabled XMP

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Im getting clock_watchdog_timeout bcod's and constant freezing whenever i install/update anything, it refuses to install the 1080's drivers either from disk/nvidia or geforce experience.
Fresh OS install done
Memtest done
Tried different PSU
Tried different GPU

At least my old GPU installed the driver so i can see better ;)

Soldato
8 pack ram, being samsung B-die should avoid most issues with ryzen and its sensitivity with ram.

have you enabled XMP ? and do you remember or able to take a snap shot of the BSOD code/reason of crash?

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error means that your processor is having trouble with cooperation from its cores and threads. Threads are tasks taken by cores, and some cores can take many threads simultaneously. The problem here is that a thread is waiting for a proper response from another thread — or a core is waiting for a response from another core — and those responses aren’t coming. Therefore, you get this BSoD error.

While this is a processor problem, this can be caused by two things: a driver error, which is very likely if you’re using Windows 8, or the OS itself isn’t playing nice with the processor. First question: how long have you had this computer? Has it been working fine until now?

you running windows 10 1803 build or May Update?

Associate
OP
I will have to check when i get home at work at the moment.
have you enabled XMP ?
Im going to say no as i dont know where to enable the profile if one is enabled as standard?
you running windows 10 1803 build or May Update?
Will check when i get home.

Thanks for your help so far, i should really leave it to the people who know i guess.

Soldato
trouble shooting and learning is the way to solve problems :)
im just running through the basics- lot more knowledgeable people on here and your ram is also @8 Packs so if needs be, most likely can lend a hand if its needed .

if you are running old version of windows 10- specially before anniversary edition- it hates ryzen! crashes all the time until you update it and thats a mission in itself

Associate
OP
I am trying and have learnt a lot through this issue ;)
What i have noticed and i was not aware of is that i have an OEM copy of windows 10?
My work brought a couple of licenses and got me 1 for my machine at home as i use it for work at times.
After reading up OEM copies can also have problems?

Thanks

Soldato
only if your moving new mobo etc- what you do is you make sure you've logged into windows msn/email so it linked to your cd-key.

then you use webchat- stating you have no idea about hardware and a shop chaged a dead mothered board and now windows is telling you to activate ... blah blah blah and then they'll activate it for you :)

Associate
OP
I did have to call Microsoft to activate the key as it was still linked to my other system i guessed had to give a stupidly long number 9 banks of 6 i think it was.
When i get home this eve ill post the info you have asked for.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Right ok so i hve just enabled the XMP profile.
The machine clicked several times then rebooted twice afterwards? (is that normal)?
My windows build is: Version 10.0 (Build 10240) and thats the windows 10 pro.
As im writting this on my laptop i have taken 2 screnshots of event viewer system log and all the crits and errors.
I saved 2 snippets and went to put them on a usb key... system crashed thats all i need tood for it to crash.
Ran memtest all night no errors 6 passes.
Ran cpu-z stress test and bench mark, ran CPU at 100% all cores for 10mins no issues.

So i think it might not be the ram or the cpu maybe?

I have also swapped psu.

I have also rn image cleanup in command prompt the... sfc /scannow then ran the cleanup.

Still cant install latest windows updates or any gigabyte app center apps.

Hope this helps out a bit of what i have tried?

Thanks

EDIT: Just installing windows 10 onto the new SSD that came with the bundle as i have a better SSD already i didnt want todo it but im trying it out.

EDIT 2: ^^ nope did not work fresh install when to manage devices to update gpu driver then froze 30 seconds later clock_watchdog_timeout bsod

Last edited:
Associate
OP
EQEH_spY07pNik3jGGetFIgBxk0K_N-6mwc722jHzdBDaw

EVWAkfg-gQ9Fk8NMbSYG9fgBhQYLP85GynZHJMs1uDBIsQ

EQEH_spY07pNik3jGGetFIgBxk0K_N-6mwc722jHzdBDaw

EVWAkfg-gQ9Fk8NMbSYG9fgBhQYLP85GynZHJMs1uDBIsQ

Soldato

Need to use image hosting site like Imgur .

Also that windows windows build number.. it's the first windows version..... 1507... Need 1805 which is latest or 1703

I have that build on CD and use to use it for PC builds . Normally we t straight and tried to update it but would be a pain on ryzen builds

Associate
OP
Yes i though so i couldn't delete the image once i tried and gave up haha.
Right ok yes i had a look lasnight andnoticed it was way down the table of builds.

I cant use the built in update so im trying windows update assisant in the hope she works for me.

I managed to get severl more windows updates installed and the system seems...... a little more stable so im hoping all i need todo is get this main update in and im good to game.

Associate
OP
I think im there, windows is not on version 1803 (OS Build 17134.191) when pc restarted it found the gpu and i can now start instlling bits.

Thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom