Tips for knackering my tyres quickly

Soldato
Lithium said:
Seriously, modern cars should be built strong enough to handle power through the front wheels like that. Think about high speed driving etc.. it cant be much more than that.

You asked how to wear your tyres out quickly.... well there is no easier way.

it puts a lot more force on the engine gubbins breaking traction with the tarmac than it does to pull the car along at 100mph :p

does this car have the VAG 2 litre diesel lump perchance? 236lbs of tourqe sounds like it does

i think a belt sander + trolley jack and axle stand will do the job :D

Soldato
OP
Yep, 2.0TDI.

Tis due for renewal in December and the latest news is that the 170bhp/250+lbft variant of this engine will be available around September time. It's already been announced for the Golf.

don't go to kwik fit try ats in my experance they are much better, explain that you will be doing 2k+ abroad and the tires will not last while you are away and you need them changing, the other option is depending what the spare is like, if its new change the one then use the spare as the other one, and they do sometimes keep the tires to make sure that they are getting repalced correcty

Soldato
OP
Anyone know off the top of their head if ATS are authorised tyre centres for Automotive Leasing (Leaseplan)?

Spare is a space saver unfortunately.

Soldato
OP
Update: Both my front tyres are now at 2mm :)

The wonders of deserted industrial estates on a Sunday afternoon. Will get myself down KF this week to get the tyres changed which will also give me enough time to check they're ok and balanced properly before subjecting them to 130mph on the autobahn :D

Associate
Firestar_3x said:
Or take it to the MM roads and let coco do two laps ;)
Hardcore, you know the score! :)

My suggestion would have been to get the fronts swapped over & enjoy the delights of roundabouts, but glad you sorted it in the end! :)

Back
Top Bottom