"Titan Xenomorph" - Disappointing Performance Or FAULTY? -Crysis 1 Runs Like Crap

Soldato
His GPU isn't performing up to stock levels...will overclocking help? Still sounds like there's a software problem somewhere with DX11.

Why DX11? he is having problems with several DX9 games?:confused:

I have tried a wide range of games: Dead Rising 2 (DX9), Batman (DX9), Dead Set 1+2( DX9), HL2 , Battlefield BC2, Crysis, Homefront, Singularity, Bioshock (DX9), Assassins Creed Brotherhood 2 (DX9)

Last edited:
Associate

I have tried a wide range of games: Dead Rising 2 (DX9), Batman (DX9), Dead Set 1+2( DX9), HL2 , Battlefield BC2, Crysis, Homefront, Singularity, Bioshock (DX9), Assassins Creed Brotherhood 2 (DX9)

My bad, someone posted that it was the DX11 games he was having trouble with and I didn't check his list.

Still, the card is underperforming, even compared to stock...

Associate
OP
Do the 3Dmark Vantage test prove that it is running like crap? Because they mean nothing to me. If yes, then I can speak to OCUK.

Thanks for all the responses. I am impressed!

*(staps on my anti-static wrist strap and looks inside.)*

Associate
Your 3D Mark score is alright, around the same as mine. Processor score is lower but thats because mines a quad.

If it was me, I would check all the connections as other lads have said, completely uninstall all drivers, do a driver clean, re install, and then run some other graphics benchmarks, post your results, and see if they are up to scratch for the rig you've got.

Soldato
I know the system is new but i would do a full OS reinstall,install chipset drivers
install nvdia drivers,install Direct X latest software,install Microsoft updates including SP1 and then install one or two games.

Then see what your games are like,try not to install anything else apart from whats needed at first.

That way you can rule out conflicting software

I would also try different Nvdia drivers,what current drivers have you got installed at present?,there are lots you can try though i doubt this is the issue but its worth a try.

Of course if you can find out what the issue is all of the above can be avoided:) .

Last edited:
Soldato

The 3rd person "consoley" type games run relatively well, I can keep a fairly solid 60fps with Vsync on medium settings in x 1080 res, BUT most of the FPS run badly. Crysis isn't even playable. Even on medium settings on x 720 res, the frame rate is all over. I can't even average 60. It drops to as low as 20s in some areas. It is the same for most first person games. The only ones that ran well were HL2.

:/

But anyway, even all these games should run om max settings perfectly.

Associate
OP
I have had this machine since Oct 2010, and probably done around 3 fresh formats/re-install Windows and used maybe 3 versions of the Nvidia drivers as of their release dates. The moby drivers haven't changed since getting it.

I'll format for tomorrow so I can tick that off. I will just install Crysis and Homfront after the fresh Windows installation & drivers. Nothing else.

Thanks again all.

And just to clarify, it is the first person shooters that run rather bad, like Homefront and Crysis. The 3rd person console type ones run much more satisfactory. I have to vsync games though or find out how to limit framesPS because I hate how the frame rates fluctuate from say 100 to 50.

Associate
You are not using some crazy high anti-aliasing settings are you? Seen that happen a few times with people being too enthusiastic with their new hardware.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nah, I don't mess with the nvidia settings (I just have just reset them, again) nor do I in games. Just the preset options. I.e. low, med, high graphics.

edit: Forgot to mention I took the card out and put it back, checked all cables. NO result.

Last edited:
Associate
You're gonna have to do what people have suggested and do a total driver clean out and reinstall.

Did you say you were running with vsync on, because I know for a fact it limits frame rate to 30fps if your frame rate isn't higher than 60.

Back
Top Bottom