• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan Z reviews

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah that's the thing, i may need to upgrade more than just the gpu if i get a third card. I'd like to try it though, i need to try three cards then i can comment on it more freely and share my knowledge on it with others. I also wonder if adding a third card will affect my 24/7 stable overclock of 5ghz? I notice my P8Z77 WS board has a PCI-E Molex power port near the memory to provide extra power for a 3-4 card setup.

I find on my CPUs that the overclock they are running is not normally affected by the number of cards in use.

What does affect the CPUs a lot is if you are running the GPUs in an unstable way this will cause the CPU to crash even at stock and this is magnified by the number of cards in use and also the resolution.

Or putting it another way an intel hexcore has no problem running 4 GPUs even at a high overclock as long as the cards are stable.

What can cause instability is something like trying to overclock the VRAM too high, on a single or two cards you can get away with it and just end up with a crap score due to error correction, on 4 cards it will crash the CPU.

Soldato
If you only use two cards, does not matter if they have 4gb or 8gb. You will not have the gpu grunt to use that much vram, so that makes it pointless.

Yes but if after reading a review like this you go and buy 2 cards , turn a setting up and go opps i need another card for grunt you can, however you cant go oh i need more Vram i'll add another card, I just think when its benched like this it should also have a maxxed bench and if the cards in question dont have enough grunt or vram it could be mentioned

Caporegime
Yes but if after reading a review like this you go and buy 2 cards , turn a setting up and go opps i need another card for grunt you can, however you cant go oh i need more Vram i'll add another card, I just think when its benched like this it should also have a maxxed bench and if the cards in question dont have enough grunt or vram it could be mentioned

If i was going for more than two cards then i would look for 3-4 way card reviews. If im going for a dual card setup i want results that are relevant to my setup that show playable fps and settings i can expect to use comfortably with the gpu grunt available to me. Perhaps some sites could do some reviews specifically around vram testing, but i don't want this in my typical review unless the fps are playable to use that much vram.

Associate
XDMA 295x2 crossfire romping home at 4K vs TitanZ and 780TI SLI. :cool:

Might have more to do with their Titan Z averaging around 800MHz, and their 780Ti SLI averaging around 880MHz.

Hands up everyone who runs their Nvidia cards at those frequencies.

*crickets*

point is, reviews like this are mostly pointless for enthusiasts since none of us would actually run our setup like this. Just look at all the bench lists etc. on this site and others to see what happens once you get NV GPUs to full speed.

Back
Top Bottom