TJ07 Black Edition

Measure thrice, cut twice :o

4z7e.jpg

Luckily the radiators will hide the extra holes. Also the spacing between tubes isn't exactly 50mm like booklet says, it's 49.5mm so over the course of 11 tubes it ends up 5mm out so I've compensated for that as well this time so hopefully it'll be spot on.

Did some more work today, but didn't turn out much of a success.

x3os.jpg

zbg3.jpg

8f0n.jpg

kzs2.jpg

Finished assembling the passive radiators and then did some leak testing but getting a lot of leaks so I think I'm going to have to break out the PTFE tape and I think I'll also try and get some black silicone sealant as well and try again.

Decided to change the spec since the Black Edition is still nowhere to be seen for now. But trying to keep with the theme, now changed to:-

Asus Maximus VI Formula
Intel 4670K

Should hopefully get all the bits by next weekend.

More than enough, the Cape Cora tubes are all in parallel so the flow restriction from them is pretty low. I'm going to have a flowmeter in the loop so I'll be able to check what kind of flow I'm getting.

Not much, only the pump really. The fans will be controlled down to ~200/300rpm normally so will be inaudible relative to the pump and I'll have them only speed up if the water temperature increases beyond a set point. I'll need to play around with this I think.

k8y9.jpg

Stealthed the fans with black tape to cover up the labels/wiring.

p4ci.jpg

Looks alright even with the flash.

skhb.jpg

The radiator clips in effectively using the fan frame. I had to snap the corner webbing off with a pair of pliers to get it to fit.

Wow, this looks special!! Built like a sexy tank with those cape coras on the side :)

Any plans to use hardline tubing jokester? Have about 18' of clear primochill rigid you're welcome to if so.

Any plans to use hardline tubing jokester? Have about 18' of clear primochill rigid you're welcome to if so.
I had thought about it, but I think I'll stick with flexi-tubing as I like changing things out on a semi-regular basis.

Fitted the motherboard blocks today:-

jxeo.jpg

ugco.jpg

cujn.jpg

kwi2.jpg

sf2e.jpg

z2gb.jpg

pzfc.jpg

age7.jpg

The stock motherboard block appears to be annodised aluminium as far as I can tell.

Also lesson learned with the Cape Coras. Don't remove the tees - getting them reinstalled water tight is a complete mare. Gave up in the end and started again.
40pa.jpg

12 Hour leak test, not a single dribble.

Back
Top Bottom