TJ07 Black Edition

Those blocks on the 780Ti's are absolutely gorgeous..

I have to ask though, is there a reasoning behind using the Samsung green RAM and a 4670k over say some higher RAM and a 4770k?

Since you're putting so much money into it anyway :D

Spending money on RAM offers such poor performance returns that it's not really worth doing, plus the Samsung Green overclock well anyway. Same with the 4770K, it's 25% better performance at best, a lot lower for gaming.

on5i.jpg

Leaking testing the SLI bridge at the moment. Both passive radiators seem to be leak free, so next thing is to start fitting out the case in preparation for installing the motherboard. Decided to go back to my original plan since the Black Edition board finally popped up in stock. Just need the EK block and I'm sorted for the final installation. Hopefully get it early next year now they're in stock.

tque.jpg

And straight away hit another snag, I need to use nipples to connect my tees to the bulkhead fittings, but the thread is too long. Black nickel spacers ordered.

I'm going to measure the temperature in three places, at my reservoir, after all my blocks and between the passive radiators and the normal radiator in the roof. Combined with flowrate measurement this will allow me to work out the heat in and out at different stages of the loop.

9obt.jpg

First one is a dinky thermal well that I'll put in the spare port on the reservoir.

aesv.jpg

Like so.

kmxx.jpg

To do the measurements I've got an Aquaero 5 mounted in the top bay, squeezed in behind the top radiator.

1s3v.jpg

Here's the reservoir. I've added some solid extension pieces and elbows. I will be using this to hang the pump off to minimise pump noise to the absolute minimum.

z61p.jpg

Here's the outlet/inlet to the external radiators. Each has an inline temperature sensor, and the outlet also has a Koolance QD3 quick connector to allow me to disconnect inside the case to replace components without draining the rest of the loop.

Was going to post more pics last night, but got stuck with changing the jet plate in the Supremecy block. Rested heads think clearer though I managed no bother with it this afternoon.

7qq9.jpg

Mounting posts in.

4eq8.jpg

Block on, I'm impressed with the mounting mechanism that EK have used for this block.

uv35.jpg

RAM in.

ebd6.jpg

Also got the spacers this week so now finished the rear of case to allow tubing up to the side radiators. Bit squint on the bottom, I'll straighten it up.

Gone a little bit anal.

3ybl.jpg

But I've watched a bit to much Blue Peter when I was younger. It's amazing what you can do with sticky back plastic.

xw5h.jpg

iuve.jpg

qeza.jpg

Just needs a little bit of a tidy and it'll be sorted.

Back
Top Bottom