TN or IPS

Soldato
I just caught sight of the A.O.C G2868PQU 4k t.n. 60 hz freesync, high colour range, £319.

If these are any good, t.n. makes a dual 4k/2k set up start to look attractive.

Soldato
I had not thought of it assumed 4k was going to be a few years away for me. Looks like it's an option this year if something comes along that will sit well with the Dell. Got some money left over from not going with I.P.S.

T.N is proving to be the more flexible choice, really not very much above what my max budget was for a single I.P.S screen.

Associate
I'm sure you'll post here if/when you come across something that sits well with the Dell!
I put my AOC Q2770P on the desk along with the Dell when I was setting it up, and I could not live with the huge difference in bezels long term!
27" 4k IPS come up cheap regularly...the orange buyer site had an Acer for £249 recently...! LG panel, friend has one and rates it highly, freesync works 40-60 without issue unlike LG branded models that only seem happy with 48-60.

Am loving my Dell TN, though...! My brother who plays CSGO competitively/ranked/whatever didn't believe that it was a TN as the shift is so subtle compared to other TN panels, and the colour is so much better.

Soldato
I moved back to TN this year after almost 10 years with IPS. Sick of the glow with every screen I got, I'm almost at the point of throwing my laptop out now as well as that's my last IPS screen and it's dog*** in the dark.

I've glad to be back to TN, and haven't really had much issue with the colours or viewing angles (my reason to move away from the older ones I had). Modern TNs seems to be way better than they used to.

Soldato
I've just moved from a LG 34UM95 (IPS) to a Dell S2719DGF. I mainly game, and the Dell is vastly superior. The color reproduction doesn't "seem" as nice when I have them side to side, but when turn off the LG, the DELL looks great. I know a lot of TN screens are rubbish, but this one seems the pick of the bunch.

Associate
OP
I've just moved from a LG 34UM95 (IPS) to a Dell S2719DGF. I mainly game, and the Dell is vastly superior. The color reproduction doesn't "seem" as nice when I have them side to side, but when turn off the LG, the DELL looks great. I know a lot of TN screens are rubbish, but this one seems the pick of the bunch.

totally agreee

Associate
I move from Dell U2713HM (IPS) to Dell S2719DGF (TN), the colors looks almost just as good (side by side comparison), and I don't have to deal anymore with IPS glow. The negatives are the gamma shifts that TN brings, no panel type is perfect, except for MicroLED that everyone is waiting.

Back
Top Bottom