Today is the day I lost respect for the British police

Wise Guy
Associate
OP
The whole situation sounds ridiculous. Did you at any point give her any reason to think you were still interested? Obviously this is only one side of the story we are hearing

No, the point is I did not contact her, however she said she thinks I did, what stops her doing the same later down the line? anyway contacting a solicitor to discuss this plus I'm going to put in a complaint of sexual assault next week.
She also lied under oath in court this year, just before we broke up which shows you her character as a person.

Wise Guy
Associate
OP
No, a PIN will not come up on any DBS check.

The purpose of a PIN is not to assign guilt or anything like that, but to make sure that a particular person knows their actions may amount to harassment and that they should cease contact. The offence of harassment has a stipulation that a person knows or should know that their actions amount to harassment. The issuing of a PIN means that this defence of "I didn't know my constant text messaging amounted to harassment" is prevented.

The fact that you got one is pretty irrelevant as long as you don't continue to contact your ex.

It comes up under other relevant information.

Soldato
No, the point is I did not contact her, however she said she thinks I did, what stops her doing the same later down the line? anyway contacting a solicitor to discuss this plus I'm going to put in a complaint of sexual assault next week.
She also lied under oath in court this year, just before we broke up which shows you her character as a person.

Just let it go dude.

Pursuing sexual assault charges for her kissing you in a club just paints you as a massive loser. Stop trying to be a victim and man up.

Wise Guy
Associate
OP
Just let it go dude.

Pursuing sexual assault charges for her kissing you in a club just paints you as a massive loser. Stop trying to be a victim and man up.

See how you feel if you are accused then come back and tell me let it go, it's not a nice feeling. No wonder a lot of men in this country get mess up by women because they allow it.

Soldato
See how you feel if you are accused then come back and tell me let it go, it's not a nice feeling. No wonder a lot of men in this country get mess up by women because they allow it.

You know how not to get messed up? Just shrug and walk away. Stop caring: she's your ex, you don't need to resolve it, this stuff doesn't matter.

Find something more important to spend your energy on. Like anything that isn't wasting your life trying to score points against your ex.

Wise Guy
Associate
OP
You know how not to get messed up? Just shrug and walk away. Stop caring: she's your ex, you don't need to resolve it, this stuff doesn't matter.

Find something more important to spend your energy on. Like anything that isn't wasting your life trying to score points against your ex.

Its not about scoring points its about future ramifications because of this event. Then you wonder why the whole world takes the micky out of the Brits, the mentality to sit back and allow it to happen.

Soldato
Harassment notices do not in any way indicate the recipient is guilty. A complaint was received by your ex regarding alleged harassment and you were issued with a PIN as a result - police information notice - not a caution or conviction.

If you aren't happy about it then there is a complaints procedure in place.

No, a PIN will not come up on any DBS check.

The purpose of a PIN is not to assign guilt or anything like that, but to make sure that a particular person knows their actions may amount to harassment and that they should cease contact. The offence of harassment has a stipulation that a person knows or should know that their actions amount to harassment. The issuing of a PIN means that this defence of "I didn't know my constant text messaging amounted to harassment" is prevented.

The fact that you got one is pretty irrelevant as long as you don't continue to contact your ex.

But if it hasn't contacted his ex and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, why issue one in the 1st place?

Back
Top Bottom