Tofu.... ??

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I just buy the TOFU that doesn't need pressing, only found it in Sainsburys though, (cant wait 20mins for it to press out) and always toss it in cornflower before doing anything else.

Soldato
I just buy the TOFU that doesn't need pressing, only found it in Sainsburys though, (cant wait 20mins for it to press out) and always toss it in cornflower before doing anything else.

Tofuu brand doesn't need pressing, sold in Tesco, Asda, Coop and Morrisons at the very least.

Kinda what I thought. I get in trouble for what is commonly referred to as 'faffing' and making us end up eating weeknight dinners at 9pm :o So maybe I'll just chuck it in. Just unsure if it needs something, never had non-fried tofu before…

Toss in cornflour slurry, and throw it in the oven with some hot oil (think roast spuds) for 20 minutes or so. Then scatter on top of your noodles. We often do that, and it doesn't go too soggy.

Associate
I buy the Tofoo brand,firm and ready to go straight out the box.Its excellent for Tofu scramble.They do a smoked version too that’s good in a stir fry.

Associate
Tofuu brand doesn't need pressing, sold in Tesco, Asda, Coop and Morrisons at the very least.

Toss in cornflour slurry, and throw it in the oven with some hot oil (think roast spuds) for 20 minutes or so. Then scatter on top of your noodles. We often do that, and it doesn't go too soggy.

I've always bought the kind that needs pressing and it's such a faff. Hadn't even thought to look out for Tofuu. Great tip, thanks

Soldato
I buy the Tofoo brand,firm and ready to go straight out the box.Its excellent for Tofu scramble.They do a smoked version too that’s good in a stir fry.

Have you tried black salt? It's sulphorous, so really adds that eggy taste to scramble tofu. Need to use it sparingly, but I highly recommend it. Use it very sparingly, maybe half a teaspoon per serving tops!

Associate
Have you tried black salt? It's sulphorous, so really adds that eggy taste to scramble tofu. Need to use it sparingly, but I highly recommend it. Use it very sparingly, maybe half a teaspoon per serving tops!

Yes i have some,amazing stuff.Basil,turmeric for colour,smoked paprika and pepper.

Soldato
Wife's been veggie for a year or two now and we're looking for some tofu inspirations. Anyone got any simple/easy to follow recipes?

We did a tofu scrambled on toast (alternative to real eggs) and thought it was great.

The Tofoo brand isn't cheap to buy. Is there like a place to go to order large quantity?

Soldato
OP
Wife's been veggie for a year or two now and we're looking for some tofu inspirations. Anyone got any simple/easy to follow recipes?

We did a tofu scrambled on toast (alternative to real eggs) and thought it was great.

The Tofoo brand isn't cheap to buy. Is there like a place to go to order large quantity?

Most Asian meals you can replace the meat with Tofu, although now with a lot of choice for imitation vegi mince & chicken it's probably easier to just use them than Tofu

Just make sure to use the right Tofu, I tried an asian dish with some Chinese BBQ sauce but wrongly used silken tofu and it was disgusting, would have been good in a desert though

Back
Top Bottom