Tokyo Olympics 2020

Caporegime
I remember some of the Snooker players were asked about the Olympics and if i remember people like Mark Allan laughed and said "do i look like i belong in the Olympics" lol
Yeah but how fit do shooters or archers have to be?

Some of the shotgun brigade looked like right lardies. I guarantee you the darts world number one is fitter than a lot of Olympians.

Associate
I was very skeptical at the start of the Games because of all the restrictions and no spectators. However, I was proven wrong. The Japanese have been fantastic hosts and according to many athletes they've really enjoyed being there.

I do hope many of them come back to Tokyo on holiday.

Soldato
I haven't watched as much of the Olympics this time round as previous years (possibly a mix of time difference, coverage being pay walled (only got discovery+ part way through), and coverage not being as good. Still, overall I have really enjoyed what I did see, and agree it seemed like a well organised Olympics all things considered.

To be honest, I didn't really miss the crowds either as a spectator. I'm sure others will disagree and some of the athletes might disagree, but personally I found the actual events just as engaging as in previous years. I expect things will go 'back to normal' for future events, but it did demonstrate to me that if the IOC ever did run out of bidders to host the games they could make them a lot cheaper to host by reducing physical stadium / arena capacity significantly without any devastating downsides.

England aren't in the Olympics - it's Great Britain.
* Great Britain, Northern Ireland, crown dependencies, and UK overseas territories :p

Back
Top Bottom