Tomb Raider (Prime TV Show)

Soldato
I honestly don't get how Phoebe Waller Bridge has managed to become so big time. On the back of a mildly amusing sitcom?? She keeps getting huge projects flung at her. She's bang average at best and slightly annoying at worst. Baffling.

Soldato
I honestly don't get how Phoebe Waller Bridge has managed to become so big time. On the back of a mildly amusing sitcom?? She keeps getting huge projects flung at her. She's bang average at best and slightly annoying at worst. Baffling.
Kinda what I was saying. Her TV credits make sense... Drifters > Crashing > Fleabag > Killing Eve totally makes sense as a career path. But how did she go from writing those to co-writing No Time to Die?! :confused: She does come from a pretty posh family though. And I guess Fleabag and Drifters both got picked up by Netflix and Amazon respectively so I guess she got a lot of traction with those. It is odd though.

Caporegime
Kinda what I was saying. Her TV credits make sense... Drifters > Crashing > Fleabag > Killing Eve totally makes sense as a career path. But how did she go from writing those to co-writing No Time to Die?! :confused: She does come from a pretty posh family though. And I guess Fleabag and Drifters both got picked up by Netflix and Amazon respectively so I guess she got a lot of traction with those. It is odd though.

Doesn't seem that odd to me, look at the Russo brothers CV before they started doing Marvel stuff, they'd mostly done sitcoms. I'm not sure what experience is required before writing James Bond, it's not like they're the pinnacle of film writing. The original team was struggling so they brought her in to help.

Soldato
Me and the Mrs did watch fleabag and kinda enjoyed it. But then next thing you know she's everywhere, writing bond films and in star wars and the new Indiana Jones film. Although I've heard they are 'dialing' back her role in that after bad reaction to her character in test screenings :p

Soldato

Posh, a bit like Lara then. Starting to like this idea.

Soldato
Solo: Star Wars story
No Time To Die
Indy 5
1st Season of Killing Eve was decent, then it wasn't.

Definitely feels like she's been coasting on the 'success' of fleabag
Oh come on are we really slating someone for playing a role in a film?

Its some serious clutching.

Back
Top Bottom