Too white, Too Straight.

Soldato
It ruled that positive action should only be applied to distinguish between candidates who are equally qualified for a role.

This is the point I find most objectionable....

No two candidates are equally qualified (and suitable) for a job.

How this actually works are standards are lowered and if a "diversity" candidate meets the lowered standards they are deemed "equally qualified" as the competition and given the nod over better suited/qualified candidates.

As this article highlights the police were only found out because they screwed over an especially well qualified candidate on this occasion.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Oh look, another L@brat alt right anti-pc faux rage thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I'm gobsmacked that this is still allowed to happen in this day and age. Choosing someone over someone else, based solely on their ethnicity is racism, not "positive discrimination." If the shoe was on the other foot there'd be an uproar. Sadly organisations, such as the police, are so terrified of being accused of racism towards BAME that they'll actively be racist towards anyone else.

Soldato
Move along, nothing to see here then was it.

Big trouble is brewing in this country, big, big trouble.

Identity politics has an awful lot to answer for. So much so that I've now decided that if anything of this nature crops up eg political statements or actions I don't agree with I make a stand. Whether that's a phone call to the school because a teacher has made a comment in a session comparing Trump and Hitler to a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds to warn them that this should not be happening.

It goes something like this:
Group 1 tries to force their idea onto the individual (aka the leave me alone types). They don't say anything. Then Group 2 comes along and imposes their ideas on the individual. They keep saying nothing as they are hammered by successive ideologues until there comes a point you are looking back over a cliff and wondering how you got there. Well it's really simple: Every time you sat back and had something imposed on you that affected your life you agreed to being put in that position.

Topical items, fair enough. No issue. But a rule or something that means I have to make a change I don't agree with and I will make a stand. I had the same with the Free Speech element on Fundamental British Values. I refused to teach that we have "free speech".

Soldato
After reading the Gulag Archipelago I often wonder what would have happened if the people just said no to the things being committed against them. It's when you don't make a stand, eventually somewhere down the road you look back to regret it. You have a responsibility toward your future self.

Volume 2 just now... Harrowing stuff.

Soldato
What made him highly qualified for the job in the first place? Can't imagine he will be doing much particle physics and cosmology chasing Twitter users who have slightly offended someone online.

He passed all the relevant interview stages, he was literally just told your not ethnic enough. His father is also a serving detective inspector in the same force, and he wanted to follow in his dads foot steps.

Soldato
Not sure the "my daddy works here" counts as a qualification. Maybe he should have said "don't you know who I am". :p

Did you miss the part about passing the relevant interview stages (which are numerous and difficult), if anything he was more qualified that someone who passed the interviews and didn't have a relative working at the same location. The experience his father could have shared about the local area would be invaluable and something you couldn't learn in a class room.

Caporegime
Certainly not, but as the courts have dealt with it appropriately I'm not concerned.

but how many people up and down the country are being impacted by such policy without knowing and/or taking it to court? if we want to compete with the rest of the world economically we need to fill vacancies with those most qualified for the jobs not to meet far left, group identity obsessed, ideological quotas. The leftists shreek about Brexit impacting the UK economy but what impact will not choosing the best person for a given job have long term when it becomes more widespread? I'm guessing that the left want 50% representation with everything so 50% of the future workforce for any given business may potentially be 2nd, 3rd or even 10th best picks just because they met the right ethnic or sexual orientation criteria. What if those people discriminated against then go to work in China or some other country that only employs people based on merit?

It reminds me of when I was at school playing sports and teams would always be picked one by one by the team captains, naturally the captains pick the best people/players first because they want to succeed/win. Obviously as a country we don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom