• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TOOK A HUGE RISK............IT PAID OFF.....

Permabanned
Diagro what ?? This is not even close to some hardcore DIY mods i had in my PCs.

Proper size Air cooled 6950->6970 ??
img029en.jpg

Soldato
OP
well done, Bit it wasn't exactly a risk?

Also i think your mad for running the system the way it is.

Why mad? its cooled.......with water coolers, that anyone can buy, its near silent, why mad? lol

Old hat mate, been there done that bought the t-shirt

GTX 580 cooled by OcUK H²Flo Extreme Liquid Dual Fan CPU Cooler - Mod

GPU017.JPG

Congrats anyway Combat for being brave enough to try it. 5*

haha fair play my friend!! great mod!! also thats not a bad plan of how to cable tie, may do this, will have a think :)

Associate
Wow Varkanoid! Retaining the original cooling solution whilst incorporating water to the core - amazing. That's how I'd do it if I was ever gonna!

Soldato
Thanks. Only problem was the pump header was connected to my fan controller and my 3 year old came and fiddled with the controls and turned the pump rpm right down. The Pump unit overheated and packed in somehow (very loud grinding noise). Luckily the 580 was okay when I put the original cooler back on (the one I butchered in the pic is a reference cooler I bought off the MM for the mod)

Sticky little fingers! Live and learn.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having currently cable tied my (push) bike's brake lever (handlebar end) due to a broken brake holder and finding it's probably better than the original molded housing (has a bit of "give" in it while still allowing me to fully yank the brake if needed) I think zip ties are to the plastics world what gaffer tape is to adhesives:

Given a large enough amount, applied with good engineering logic, anything is possible :D

Eying one of those refurbed H100's for this as we speak :D

Back
Top Bottom