Tories lost the 2019 election among working age adults

Soldato
OP
While I don't agree with the way the Gov is going about this... Zarah is being disingenuous as always. Her tweet implies it's going up to 9-12% and staying there
YOU'RE being disingenuous. Her tweet doesn't imply anything excessive, and even her example of how much in cash terms it will go up by is for a 6 month period at these rates.

I'd also suggest that a government who gives 2% public sector pay rises, but 12% loan rates, is being ******* disingenuous about inflation!

Soldato
OP
Highly educated people are more likely to be moderate or to the left than they are to the right. Can’t have too many highly educated people for that reason alone in the Tories eyes.
That's not really true. Voting Tory is mostly predicated on wealth. That's why old people and high earning people vote more for Tories, as per the first post in this thread

Soldato
OP
I said highly educated, not rich. Especially those who have come from poverty or working class to become highly educated.
I'd be interested in any sources for that. Generally, C2DE votes a little more for Tory (but no more for Labour) than ABC1, but the 'E' portion is retirees, who vote so overwhelmingly Tory that it pollutes the grouping.

Soldato
OP
Why would we change, just a few years ago, to forcing education to age 18 (16 previously), whilst at the same time increasingly trying to discourage education past 18?

Why is education essential to precisely 18, but a massive luxury thereafter?

Back
Top Bottom