Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
Just picked up the base game for my new machine.

What DLC is worth getting?

If you can wait then I'd wait for another sale as they come back on offer every couple of months for 50% off. As for which though, it's a bit down to the person, but nearly all of them are good - also, all the DLC from the original Total Warhammer game work too, so you should get those (there's a bunch of free one's too).

The only "meh" ones I'd say are:

Hunter and the Beast
Blood for the Blood God (should have been free)
Chaos Warriors (they aren't that good, either to play or power-wise)
Realm of the Wood Elves (Sisters of Twilight are the best Wood Elf and they are another DLC)

The rest are pretty good to great.

Also, make sure to create an account on Total War Access, as that has a bunch of free DLC also.

Soldato
If you can wait then I'd wait for another sale as they come back on offer every couple of months for 50% off. As for which though, it's a bit down to the person, but nearly all of them are good - also, all the DLC from the original Total Warhammer game work too, so you should get those (there's a bunch of free one's too).

The only "meh" ones I'd say are:

Hunter and the Beast
Blood for the Blood God (should have been free)
Chaos Warriors (they aren't that good, either to play or power-wise)
Realm of the Wood Elves (Sisters of Twilight are the best Wood Elf and they are another DLC)

The rest are pretty good to great.

Also, make sure to create an account on Total War Access, as that has a bunch of free DLC also.
Thanks a lot. :)

Associate
The top five in my opinion atm are.

The Prophet and the Warlock
Rise of the Tomb Kings
Pirates of the Vampire Coast
The Warden and the Paunch
The Twisted and the Twilight

Soldato
Just picked up the base game for my new machine.

What DLC is worth getting?

Worth bearing in mind that all of the DLC is already in the game for the AI to use. So the main reason to buy it is because you're bored of the stock factions and want to try something new. But before you get to that, there are a load of free DLC Legendary Lords:

Tretch Craventail (Skaven)
Alith Anar (High Elves)
Lokir Fellheart (Dark Elves)
Tiktaq'to (Lizardmen)
Gor-Rok (Lizardmen)
Repanse De Lyonesse (Brettonia)
Imrik (High Elves)
Drycha (Wood Elves)
Rakarth (Dark Elves)
Thorek Ironbrow (Dwarfs)

So in total, you have access to 20 Lords and 7 races without paying a penny more.

As for the DLC itself, the first game is the most important purchase you can make if you don't already own it. It adds quite a lot of content; four races, a bunch of Legendary Lords (including more free stuff), plus the Mortal Empires campaign mode. After that, the list posted above covers the best stuff. Though I'd add The King and The Warlord to the list if you own the first game; easily the best DLC from Warhammer 1.

I'd get The Prophet & The Warlock before playing a Skaven campaign. Skryre are the best Skaven faction by a long shot. Aside from that, the rest can wait until you get bored, unless there's something you really like the look of.

Associate
Ah. Will it all show as free once the game is installed and updated?

Edit: Nope. Are you saying just pick up the free stuff and leave the rest?
I personally wouldn't pay the asking price for most of it outside of a really good sale
Just snap up the free ones, play for a bit and then get the ones that you feel will improve your experience of the game

Soldato
Humble Store tends to be good for DLC if you're a Choice subscriber. I've had Lord Packs for as little as £2.79, and all the Race Packs (bar Beastmen, which I don't own yet, and Chaos which is cheaper) for £5.99.

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea how I combat the Dark Elves as the Lizardmen? I'm really struggling against their ranged missile units and the Dark Elves seem to be heavily favoured in auto-resolve battles.

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea how I combat the Dark Elves as the Lizardmen? I'm really struggling against their ranged missile units and the Dark Elves seem to be heavily favoured in auto-resolve battles.

Which lord are you playing as? How far into the game are you?

Darkshards and Shades a real pains, your ranged infantry are not really going to be able to go toe to toe with them.
Saying that, Chameleon Skinks can be good harrasers.

Ideally you want to use cavalry, but in general Lizardmen cavalry is pretty bad. Though I do LOVE Ripperdactly riders, they will tear apart most ranged units.
If you can, using a monster unit is the way to go. Charging a Stegadon or a Carnosaur into them solves the problem quickly, but that's not going to help you early game.

Soldato
I normally use a selection of dinos. You can use rite of primeval glory to get some early dinos in your ranks.

Back
Top Bottom