Total War: Warhammer 3

Associate
OK, so I've I reinstall this what race should a newbie play as?

If relatively new to Warhammer, I would recommend the Empire (Karl Franz/Volkmar). A balanced roster of units that are immediately understandable (foot, missile, cavalry, artillery) and a varied selection of lords. You'll start in a favourable position surrounded by fellow Empire elector counts you can quickly build relationships, influence and trade with. It's a gentler intro to Warhammer than starting with one of the more esoteric races that have unfamiliar units and/or unique play styles or modifiers.

Associate
If relatively new to Warhammer, I would recommend the Empire (Karl Franz/Volkmar). A balanced roster of units that are immediately understandable (foot, missile, cavalry, artillery) and a varied selection of lords. You'll start in a favourable position surrounded by fellow Empire elector counts you can quickly build relationships, influence and trade with. It's a gentler intro to Warhammer than starting with one of the more esoteric races that have unfamiliar units and/or unique play styles or modifiers.

I've always found the high elves and dark elves to be relatively balanced factions that you can play in many ways with reasonable starting positions. When i switched to WH TW I found I preferred the Dwarves too as I was always a defensive player that would focus on lines and formations etc which is how i'd play previous TW games. That play style only really works with Dwarves and more balanced factions. Trying to play that way as somebody like Bretonnia doesn't work. Once you've worked out what playstyle goes with each faction and you embrace that it's far easier to get on with and much more fun.

Currently on a Skaven campaign myself and it's quite entertaining sending in your skaveslaves and clanrats only to blow everything up including them shortly after. Strangely I now much prefer the factions like Skaven, Norsca and Orcs where it's all attack attack attack.

Like others I think this will be a day 1 purchase for me. Given the hours I've sunk into 1 & 2 £50 still seems like good value.

Soldato
I've taken a gamble and pre-ordered.

Had a £10 off deal so grabbed it.
He's hoping they keep their track record and don't screw this up!

C64

C64

Soldato
I've always found the high elves and dark elves to be relatively balanced factions that you can play in many ways with reasonable starting positions. When i switched to WH TW I found I preferred the Dwarves too as I was always a defensive player that would focus on lines and formations etc which is how i'd play previous TW games. That play style only really works with Dwarves and more balanced factions. Trying to play that way as somebody like Bretonnia doesn't work. Once you've worked out what playstyle goes with each faction and you embrace that it's far easier to get on with and much more fun.

Currently on a Skaven campaign myself and it's quite entertaining sending in your skaveslaves and clanrats only to blow everything up including them shortly after. Strangely I now much prefer the factions like Skaven, Norsca and Orcs where it's all attack attack attack.

Like others I think this will be a day 1 purchase for me. Given the hours I've sunk into 1 & 2 £50 still seems like good value.
ardboyz are op most playthroughs im doing they have half the map by turn 150
I now always attack vs the top settlement factions and keep their numbers down so mid end games more entertaining

Soldato
Brettonia is the hardest for me because their strength is mobility, and frankly my APM is not up to keeping track of everything and I usually find a whole flank of cavalry are being slaughtered by pikemen because I forgot I'd charged them in. I like high elves because I like the archer spam and they have decent (albeit expensive) sword units.

Associate
Got to say I like a few for different reasons:

Kehmri - Settra. Tomb Kings is probably my favourite faction. They obviously play different as the army's have no upkeep so I don't constantly have to worry about trying to keep money flowing all the time. Some of their monster units are great fun.

Itza - Gor Rok. You get Lord Kroak at the start of the game. I would say the first 50 turns or so are the easiest in the game if you start with these. Charge Gor Rok and a few units in to hold the enemy in position then let Lord Kroak loose with Deliverance of Itza and watch units melt.

High Elves - Sword Masters of Hoeth, Lothern Seaguards and Dragons.

Back
Top Bottom