totaly custom painted WC rig - Progress log

Soldato
Well guys, over the last coupl months ive been Very slowly building my new watercooliogn rig.
this isnt gouign to be amny normal rig though.
i dont think ANything like this has been done before, certainly not of this calibur :p

so the brief:
Build a hiogh spec PC - Check
Put it in a nice big case - Check
Strip the case to every last pannel and Paint it with the most unique blend of Red paint, prismatics and small flakes - Check
Paint the outside of the case in the most wild realistic fire, blended with gouls and demons and one big nasty lookign fella - IN PROGRESS
Fill the inside with High spec watercooling components - IN PROGRESS
Paint every paintable part of those components using the above ideas - IN PROGRESS

so hears a taste of what to expect, heres a pic of the radiator, and the pump, the opump has NOT BEEN POLISED there for it will look a little dull with no real luster, theese are just progress pics.

SO FAR:
water0045qn.jpg

pics not that good, hopefully just enough to tickle your interest... dont wanna give too much away lol !

bigger:

my GPU block got delivered today, so im waiting for the brass top for my RBX to come, and those will get painted at the same time as the front part of the pump.
im toying with the idea of painting fire one the barbs too.

the paitn ont he rad isnt MEANT to look liek real fire, more just the idea of it, just to make the lettering pop up. i can paint realistic fire, but thatsd going to be saved for the outsides !

also need to get rid of those horrible greed cables :EEK:
**edit - one down one to go !**

ALL FURTHER UPDATES FROM ME TO THIS THREAD WILL BE IN ORANGE TEXT !! - THE REST IS JUST CHAT

Last edited:
Wise Guy
Soldato
For something thats not meant to look like real fire, that rad does a pretty good job imo :eek:

Stunning work so far mate, very well done!

Soldato
OP
Bundles said:
For something thats not meant to look like real fire, that rad does a pretty good job imo :eek:

Stunning work so far mate, very well done!
thanks, its not so muc not meant to look like it, rater just a generic flame of soem kind... if i painted it liek id rnormaly paitn real fire... the leters wouldnt look right . just a little niggle though, not important :)

its worth saying now... the red on the inside of the case is unique and looks far too purple on the pics, in real life its Very bright.
using an old 2MP camera which dont help ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Looks good but wouldnt it be better if the rad was the other way up, to stop air bubbles getting trapped at the top or are you going to fill with it horizontal?

Oh and why have the hard drives so close to each other?

Soldato
OP
Mikey1280 said:
Looks good but wouldnt it be better if the rad was the other way up, to stop air bubbles getting trapped at the top or are you going to fill with it horizontal?

Oh and why have the hard drives so close to each other?

idealy i woudl ahve the barbs poking inside the case, but it cant be done because of the mounting mech for the PCI slots :(, so ive cut my losses and mounted it liek that, filling horizontal ? mate it will be being turned everyway ossible !!!1 lol

drives wotn be as close... i moved them up there to see what it would be liek to put the pump under em... ahvnt moverd them back though.

Soldato
OP
ha ha cant bench with that intel HSF on !! it barly keeps the CPU under 60C
the benchies will be for when the project is over. but anyway im not that interested in the results, i just want great cooling, great looks, and gread silence :D
shouldnt give bad results though, except everyone knows AMD hold the crown at 3d marks, so im not expecting that much, but we will see
end of CPU discussion i dont want this thread to end up in a war lol

Soldato
OP
Mr Mister said:
MORE PICS!!!! and i love what youve done to the pump i sold you :D

lol... i just hope it works !! havnt tested it since i got it lol.
im gonna have to get some batteries for my ither better camera really, this ones shocking.
was polishing the pump last night and flatted THROUGH some of the paint on a corner :mad: so gonna hev to touch that in :(
as i said, the next batch of paint is not gonna be until i have the CPU block ready. i dont paint things one by one becasue its a fanny on to mix the clearcoat for one item... and a bit of a waste !

the hard drives need painting too :)

no updates yet folks, cant do anything til post wednesday really, got the last reminders of college to finish off :(

Permabanned
hard drives + paint = goodbye warranty!! :eek:

Did you take the pump to bits to paint it? or how did you not get a drop of paint on the plastic bit?!

Soldato
OP
Mr Mister said:
hard drives + paint = goodbye warranty!! :eek:

Did you take the pump to bits to paint it? or how did you not get a drop of paint on the plastic bit?!

the whole front of the pump pops off, ansd i s ealed by the looks of things, so i only painted the metal rear of the pump, all masked up of course. the back of the pump is painted with 'aqua xtreme' too.
the front is due to be painted, i was gonna leave it but it looks a tad naff being black now.

yea bye bye waranties lol, 2 are maxators whcih im not really fussed about, but ones a gucci seagate lol. so i might jsut paint the maxators and make some kind of facia for the seagate from styreme sheeting. unless i jsut tell seagate ''it fell into the path of my airbrush, repeatedly, then my spraygun, hence the laquer... totaly accidental !! ''

could be the first 'mural'd maxator' though !

Back
Top Bottom