Township Tale

Soldato
ok so we did it last night !
ok, so i died :(

anyway, did the pedestal actually say we needed 50 coal ?
i know the next trial it is not coal to start it

You died, but, it was unlucky. The extra HP should help for the next Combat Trial.

The Pedestal said 50 coal. But, we only needed 50 coal not 50 coal each.

The next trial needs the molten core that we got as a reward for finishing the first Trial.

Soldato
Sorry Guys, I didn't renew my subscription to A TownShip Tale. So the PC version of the Private server isn't available. We hadn't played much the last few weeks and I didn't think it was worth paying for another month.

I think we had nearly everything done, it was just going to be more of the same.

The game needs a lot more content and a lot more work. The levelling system is asinine. I mean there is no point in using better mining tools and more powerful weapons or updating your weapons and mining as the the quickest way to level up is to keep using the basic stuff. Because it's not based on how much you mine or how much you kill, but on the number of hits it takes to kill and the number of hits it takes to mine. etc.

And when you get all the upgraded weapons, tools and skills, what can you do with them? Nothing much as we had almost everything in the town built long before that.

This post makes me sound like I hate the game? Not at all, I think it's one of the best games in VR. Just disappointed about the lack of content.

Soldato
OP
Understand what you mean, feel there's still more to explore past the big pigs and redwood trees, and in the forest, and you need better equipment to survive that.

However, I do agree that it's not ideal, and some teleports to far off locations would be handy!

Soldato
Understand what you mean, feel there's still more to explore past the big pigs and redwood trees, and in the forest, and you need better equipment to survive that.

However, I do agree that it's not ideal, and some teleports to far off locations would be handy!

That's the only thing that I would have liked to do is to get to that tower.

Soldato
no problem, understand, but you should have paid for it yourself though

Mate, I didn't mind paying for it. Wasn't a problem at all. If there were people still playing, I wouldn't have minded paying for this month either, but just didn't seem to be much point when nobody was playing.

Soldato
The game suffered from optimisation issues on busy servers with lots of buildings. How is it on the Quest in comparison?

Are you mixing this game up with something else? There are the same number of buildings on every server in this game.

The Quest 2's servers are limited to 8 people, but, you are free to create a server if you buy the game. In the PC, you have to donate every month if you want to create a a server.

Associate
Are you mixing this game up with something else? There are the same number of buildings on every server in this game.

Generally speaking, I mean. Not all buildings are fully activated at the start of the game, it gets progressively busier as the buildings, building contents and structures are completed (e.g. stairs to Blacksmith) fills up. And furthermore, the PC version can be customised with more town-based structures, shelves, stairs, and more.

Soldato
Generally speaking, I mean. Not all buildings are fully activated at the start of the game, it gets progressively busier as the buildings, building contents and structures are completed (e.g. stairs to Blacksmith) fills up. And furthermore, the PC version can be customised with more town-based structures, shelves, stairs, and more.

The Town itself is the same on both the Quest 2 and PC versions. You can build the same things in both, improve the same things in both etc. etc. You can't build any more buildings in either version. They were going to introduce House building, but they put that on hold until they got the Quest 2 and PC versions lined up code wise so that they can just update both at the same time. The biggest difference between the two versions, besides graphics, is that the PCVR has the Forest while the Quest 2 does not. They both have the climbing tower, just it's not accessible in the Quest 2 version as they haven't implemented climbing yet.

Underboss
Right guys,

i went onto Mels Town, and noticed i had a red Iron Pick axe, so i went hunting

1 shot kills on the baby rock men, and say 3/4 on the BIG ones
i stormed down to crystal level, picked up 100 Crystals and built the televator ! :D :D

Soldato
Right guys,

i went onto Mels Town, and noticed i had a red Iron Pick axe, so i went hunting

1 shot kills on the baby rock men, and say 3/4 on the BIG ones
i stormed down to crystal level, picked up 100 Crystals and built the televator ! :D :D

Good man, did you have some pent up aggression that you needed to work out?:p

Next up for you Shi is the Combat trials. Try not to die this time :)

Back
Top Bottom