Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Associate
Gibbo said £345

Yes, but its been at least £375 for well over a year. Before todays ups.

I mean at least the major is "only" £450 now. It is almost worth having a 4yr/48k service every year for £150 extra than just a bog standard oil change at £300.

Paying £75 for Toyota to walk round your car, check the floor mats are fitted and you have tyre tread, is a right con.

Man of Honour

I mean at least the major is "only" £450 now. It is almost worth having a 4yr/48k service every year for £150 extra than just a bog standard oil change at £300.

Paying £75 for Toyota to walk round your car, check the floor mats are fitted and you have tyre tread, is a right con.

Oof the Nissan dealer I use a lot does a video health check for free with any work or about £30 (can't remember exact price) stand alone.

OcUK Staff
OP

That is why when I took the service pack out I just paid for 2x interim and 2x major services, £1130 total, which based on todays rates would be £1500, so a £370 saving. I did not bother with safety checks because like you say they are just a CON and I can do it myself and they have no impact on the warranty.

Some owners have actually taken much longer plans out according to the GR forums, one guy claimed he has a plan in place for 8 years at the old prices, knowing myself and my track record I'd be surprised if I keep it for much more than another year.

Associate
Some people have taken really long plans from what I have seen also, definitely banking on owning really long term.

It is difficult, the Yaris has one of the largest amounts of equity in for me, so it would be one of the first necks on the chopping block should I want to move on. But it is really good. So a 3 year plan probably covers me easily until I decide to try something else.

Associate
Oof the Nissan dealer I use a lot does a video health check for free with any work or about £30 (can't remember exact price) stand alone.

I think Toyota UK are the only branch that stipulate 6 monthly safety checks. No other country does.

They seem to want to operate in the grey area of, it may affect your warranty, but it may not. Pay us £75 and we'll put your mind at ease. Even though the warranty outlines that the car has to be serviced as per manufacturer guidelines, the safety check isn't a service :cry: . It grinds my gears a little bit.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

No idea is this is an admission of them building more but the prices have increased again:

GRCP.JPG

WBAC up £1000 to £30,700 on mine with 11,500 miles, cannot be bother to check others but used values seem to mirror the price increase on new, great for owners. :)

Associate
There was a increase in prices across the whole Toyota range I believe pal.

But still firms up residuals, and now people have to compare second hand prices to the new list price.

Caporegime
There was a increase in prices across the whole Toyota range I believe pal.

But still firms up residuals, and now people have to compare second hand prices to the new list price.

Same applies to a lot of other cars as well. I know last year when i was trying to order a Merc GLE. I had a look when i got fed up and cancelled my order that the price had gone up by £6k and all of a sudden 1 year old cars were worth what I had paid for mine as.

OcUK Staff
OP
Prices close to £30k now. Several at ~£32k.

How much was this with the circuit pack, when new?

Paid £33,500 for ours, it will be two years old in March at which point I shall pay off the remaining balance from the interest FREE loan. On 12,300 miles now and WBAC valuations around 29k.
It has cost less than a grand in servicing cost, has had zero issues and has not consumed any consumables as of yet.

Its cost around 40p per mile in depreciation and servicing, seems pretty decent for a brand new car. :)

Excellent car!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be looking to buy one of these second hand soon, as my luck of getting one new is not gonna happen. Other than circuit pack, was there any other optional extras that would be recommended to look for?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
I'll be looking to buy one of these second hand soon, as my luck of getting one new is not gonna happen. Other than circuit pack, was there any other optional extras that would be recommended to look for?

Nope just circuit pack only other real options was colour.

OcUK Staff
OP
Makes life a whole load easier. So basically look for the lowest mileage one I can afford in any colour other than black :cry:

In short yes, just make sure no servicing has been missed as that the 10 year warranty is intact. Also I'd personally aim for a car with 5000+ miles will give you more bargaining power as personally I'd be inclined to say:
Sub 1000 miles = 34-35k
1000-3000 miles = 32-33k
5000+ miles = 30-31k
10,000+ miles = 29-30k
15,000+ miles = 27-28k
25,000+ miles = 25-27k

The above is roughly trade price, but if your buying private you want to be buying close to trade or at trade to get yourself a good buy, plenty on the market and they are all the same and market is now favouring buyers over sellers, be aggressive especially as for some they need the cash due to cost of living.

Last edited:
Soldato
Taking me ages to get around sorting this, but found a Circuit Pack in Black, 6k miles, it's at a dealership elsewhere so my local is getting it brought upto them. It's priced at £33860, it's 1 owner. Would you say that's about right price wise? They are not interested in a deal, it's a cash sale so I could go private? I did find one on eBay cheaper, same miles but it is a 2 owner car and that puts me off a bit to be honest. Thoughts on this please?

OcUK Staff
OP
Taking me ages to get around sorting this, but found a Circuit Pack in Black, 6k miles, it's at a dealership elsewhere so my local is getting it brought upto them. It's priced at £33860, it's 1 owner. Would you say that's about right price wise? They are not interested in a deal, it's a cash sale so I could go private? I did find one on eBay cheaper, same miles but it is a 2 owner car and that puts me off a bit to be honest. Thoughts on this please?

Why does amount of owners put you off?

These cars have 10 year warranty so just buy the car that represents best value and it’s a Toyota and so far been no major issues reported and I think a few owners are on 40k plus miles now trouble free.

So I’d buy any car upto three owners, upto 20,000 miles for about £30,000 as long as it’s a circuit pack and with full service history and thus warranty intact what difference does 1 or 2 owners make or 5000 or 10,000 miles, buy what feels like a good deal and don’t go paying a dealer margin, buy private.

Last edited:
Soldato
there are lots of low mileage cars with multiple owners. Many were flipped from new with people looking to make a quick buck.

just had my 6 month safety check and dealer offered me £34k. Circuit pack 6 months old, 1200 miles first owner.

Back
Top Bottom