Track days - 2017

Associate
Pretty much just using this thread to categorise my crashes now :D

Another track day in Jerez, this time the front washed out on turn 2. What's annoying is that I was following a friend in front so going slower than usual, went a bit wide but didn't bother to correct it just thought I'd be fine and whoops... fell over.

I'm fine and I'm treating the bike to some new track fairings and a load of other new bits, she's taken enough damage recently

Edit: Also just noticed that until the crash you don't actually see my mate at all. Was directly behind him all the way before... so I'll use that as my excuse for missing all those apex's :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Jut got back from Benson track day. Weather started off pretty bleak, first session wet, second session we had a dry line, all was going well, and then it rained again for a good hour or so. Organisers bought lunch forward to start at around half 11ish while the rain was at it's worst(Though this wasn't communicated very well) But then after lunch, really brightened up, no more rain throughout the day but not a huge amount of sun so took a good couple of sessions to burn off. Last session, not sure what happened, but we as novices got 40 minutes with no red flags :D I believe inters and/or advanced joined us on track as quite a lot had headed home by that point.

The layout... Interesting to say the least :eek: Lots of changes of surface, and due to the taxiways being used, a hell of a lot of slipping early on in the day with the rain across the painted lines. They'd removed most of the cats-eyes (which are far bigger than motorway cat's eyes) though they'd left a couple in after the first double apex left hander which wasn't really an issue, but equally, they'd removed lots of others i feel like they could have removed those last 2.

Generally I quite enjoyed the layout to be fair, although there were two changes of surface in particularly awkward places. One in quite a tight left hander, which opened up massively onto a decent length straight, changing from concrete to tarmac, and at the end of the runway coming into another relatively tight left hander changing from one type of tarmac to another type of tarmac. Not as bad as the first change, but still something to be aware of. Piano keys at the start of the straight are a nightmare aswell. Even in the dry at the end of the day i had wheelspin on them :( Very slippy all day long.

To be fair, a decent day and I am absolutely knackered. Think I actually got the bike over a little further than i did at Oulton, despite the surface apparently being less grippy :) No noise-testing ;) and saw quite a few instructors with various students throughout the day. All in all, not bad for a £75 trackday, not bad at all :) Hopefully have some pictures once the photographer gets them up :)

Back
Top Bottom