Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I get how GME and AMC became meme stocks for nerds....but BBBY is baffling.

Oh right just read, it's another heavily shorted retailer circling the drain....redditors trying to stick it to the man.
273m shares isnt redditors nor retail in general at all. I think its some entities closing out of their shorts and taking a few quid while at it on the other side.

Soldato
History already repeats itself, this bear market rally is being squeezed out for every single cent at this stage.

Sold all my S&P500 ETF's at the start of the year but it's going to be a crazy ride down soon.

Caporegime
Hopefully no one here had anything in cineworld yeeeshhhh

Got out a while ago. That fall!

Think cinema is dead.
I still like it but have been once since covid. And only because I have vouchers.

Not going to be enough visitors going forward.
Easier staying at home
Cheaper staying at home
Can replicate a lot of cinema at home

Associate
Got out a while ago. That fall!

Think cinema is dead.
I still like it but have been once since covid. And only because I have vouchers.

Not going to be enough visitors going forward.
Easier staying at home
Cheaper staying at home
Can replicate a lot of cinema at home
During a recession cinema's get hit the hardest but it's their own undoing really. Top Gun 2 was the only movie I have seen in the past two years.

Soldato
It aint capitalism thats for sure. Octopus does have energy production (mostly wind? somebody posted them selling at 1p a unit rarely) but mostly not so they are going to benefit more then suffer I guess. The fixed prices in part comes from telling producers of energy to give them profits. UK doesnt have tons of production, doesnt really work to tell a company operating outside the UK it will cost them more to sell here.

The other part is same idea they had in the 70's if we fix prices there is no inflation. I guess it kinda works for 6 months. I got no belief in genius ideas beyond increasing production to balance what you are using or ultimately we are forced to use less overall. Ironically, stopping trains similarly would help raise inflation and reduces worth of wages, it gets silly quick as people are fighting each other I guess its a disorderly market/economy.

Venezuela issued price fixes and seized profitable companies, didnt work for them and they have larger reserves then Saudi Arabia just not as nice oil requires brains more then brawn.

Use less, its boring but most likely actual answer unfortunately. Uk currency is not strong, hence FTSE bullish to neutral at worst is my ongoing opinion

Soldato
I'm pretty much looking to convert about 30% of my portfolio to BTL. I say pretty much, I've made an offer. Everything is long-term so any dips in the next 10 years make no odds, BUT a significant dip would disable me from making the switch.

Caporegime
I’m in Cineworld lesson learned always stop loss haha
literally hardly anyone goes the cinema in this country.

look the top gun thread someone said they had the whole cinema to themselves, might not have been cineworld they didn't specify but the point still stands

Back
Top Bottom