Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
A reaction of 10pc on many many stocks due to a difference in rate of 0.1pc seems a little Overblown to me
Some stocks are more sensitive to rate changes. Some are lower liquidity. Some are just volatile and risky. Some are just attractive stocks that people have been looking for a buy signal on. All sorts of things contribute to the move.

There's a good chance we're going to have a global slump as all these rate hikes wind their way through the system, which will mean a return to lower rates. Lower rates = money flowing back into equities. Any indication that central banks have overshot on taming inflation will be a big buy signal.

Soldato
Lower rates or a 'pivot' only comes when the data deteriorates, historically pivots are followed by a drop in share prices which is contrary to what most people believe will happen at the time. The issue as always is lagging data, by the time anyone realises the damage is done. Rate hikes have barely worked the way into the real economy yet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Another green day @413x must be perplexed :p

Your persimmon punt must be doing well by now.

Persimmon, warehouse reit, target health care reit, easyjet, carnival all popped

With UK inflation falling a lot it's super green.

I'm up 10 percent from last week across my entire isa due to the loading up on inflation battered shares

Even AV is up

Last edited:
Soldato
BUY THE DIP

BSxGz0X.png

Caporegime
I've not been green since September.
Finally only down 1.9% :D

I have more cash in my account than invested but havent wanted to buy anything, not even averaging down just incase it can get a lot worse like China starting a war

Caporegime
I've not been green since September.
Finally only down 1.9% :D

I have more cash in my account than invested but havent wanted to buy anything, not even averaging down just incase it can get a lot worse like China starting a war

If China stage a war.. It probably doesn't matter!

Caporegime
Mars are buying Hotel Chocolat

A fat return for anyone who had stock

Mars’s offer values the Aim-listed cocoa manufacturer at a premium of 169.8 per cent to Hotel Chocolat’s share price of 139p at the close of business on Wednesday, the companies said.
Seems they always had Negative earnings and the highest their sales the more money they lost.

Would have been one of the high street businesses I would have expected to go bankrupt tbh
Mars will probably butcher the recipes to turn a profit

Last edited:
Soldato
Hasbro are trading at a near all time low, not sure if they will ever recover as their products are deemed as old fashion and are having a difficult time modernising their IPs.

they do own some oligopoly thou.. literally monopoly (lol), d&d, wizards of the cost…

Caporegime
Hasbro are trading at a near all time low, not sure if they will ever recover as their products are deemed as old fashion and are having a difficult time modernising their IPs.

they do own some oligopoly thou.. literally monopoly (lol), d&d, wizards of the cost…
they own a lot of brands though it seems like even Transformers IP
seems like a potential value buy at first glance.

If VR/meta Rubbish ever truly kicks off in our lifetimes then I'd imagine Hasbro could be quite a big player, even without that they can easily be a company that fully transforms to digital products.

A lot of it's brands could fizzle out and become worthless though like NERF will probably slowly die off and it's not really something you can move to digital unless your just licensing the rights for the skins or something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom