Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Another good week for RR.

I have a friend who works in the same industry and has interestingly just invested quite a bit in UKW. Anyone with any thoughts on them?

Associate
I was bored last night, so I sat there and worked out all the ways (I think) to be tax efficient without having to setup a trust fund, have off shore accounts etc.

Anything above £50,270 goes to the pension(s)

£50,270 after tax and NI., £38,206 remaining
£38,206 - 20k goes into ISAs, £18,206 remaining

£18,206 + £1,000 interest from savings is £19,206
£19,206 + £1,000 from dividends is £20,206
£20,206 + £3,000 (current 6k but changing) from capital gains is £23,206
£23,206 + £1,000 from trading/part-time work/property allowance is £24,206
£24,206 + £1,875 from premium bonds winnings, 3.75% mean avg return of £50,000, gives £26,081

£26,081 is £2,173 per month, I think I can live of that if I don't have to pay for the mortgage.

The hard part is setting up the accounts so this happens... lol

Please tell me if miss of any tax free incomes.. :D
According to a question I posted on UKPersonalFinance reddit a while back, you have to include interest and any other BIK like BUPA your taxable pay, or you will flick into the higher rate and get only £500 allowance. So if you want to put everything over top of basic rate threshold into a pension you have to estimate what you will get for interest (and any BIK) and move that across too. If we said just £1K interest you'd have to move everything over £49,470 (factoring 20% pension relief too)... I think

reddit post

Last edited:
Caporegime

I have a friend who works in the same industry and has interestingly just invested quite a bit in UKW. Anyone with any thoughts on them?
Been looking at ukw for a while. Looks a fairly safe bet.
I'm 80:20ing on vanguard etf:single stocks and it's on the shortlist for the single stock

Caporegime
I'm pleased that finally ezj is flying.

Great update. Dividend confirmed going forward.

Quite a chunk of my individual shares are in ezj. It's my second biggest holding ant 10pc of my entire isa

Soldato
According to a question I posted on UKPersonalFinance reddit a while back, you have to include interest and any other BIK like BUPA your taxable pay, or you will flick into the higher rate and get only £500 allowance. So if you want to put everything over top of basic rate threshold into a pension you have to estimate what you will get for interest (and any BIK) and move that across too. If we said just £1K interest you'd have to move everything over £49,470 (factoring 20% pension relief too)... I think

reddit post
yes your rights, I have health care and life/job insurance and others that are taxable benefits. I'm just over by £16 pounds at the moment but when the 2% NI cuts come into play, I'll be adding that to my pension so it should drop me under without any changes to my take home. My yearly bonus will be paid straight into my penision too.

My work is quite tax savvy, they print the taxable benefit amount on each payslip along with the total taxable pay for the month with a running total. they allow us to change pensions % from month to month and input fixed amounts. :)

one of the questions I had to answer before joining was "Do you have a penison pot above £5 million?" I wanted to answer; "if I had a pension pot of 5 million, I won't be working!", but I just said no... lol

Soldato

I have invested in UKW... it's very meh at the moment, I'm still in the red! I have three renewable energy companies and the whole selector has taken a hit.

Since they are a new business/selector they rely on a lot of investments/loans to develop and intreast rates are higher with less free cash for people to invest.

But I'm still buying the shares, I see it as a good way of getting in when it's still cheap.. lol

Soldato
Been looking at ukw for a while. Looks a fairly safe bet.
I'm 80:20ing on vanguard etf:single stocks and it's on the shortlist for the single stock
why not a reit? or 80 s&p: 20 ftse... with a single share it can drop heavy..
personally I'm 60:40 on a vanguard shares:bonds managed fund and then I have t212 account that I mess about with different company shares, swing trading.

Associate
yes your rights, I have health care and life/job insurance and others that are taxable benefits. I'm just over by £16 pounds at the moment but when the 2% NI cuts come into play, I'll be adding that to my pension so it should drop me under without any changes to my take home. My yearly bonus will be paid straight into my penision too.

My work is quite tax savvy, they print the taxable benefit amount on each payslip along with the total taxable pay for the month with a running total. they allow us to change pensions % from month to month and input fixed amounts. :)

one of the questions I had to answer before joining was "Do you have a penison pot above £5 million?" I wanted to answer; "if I had a pension pot of 5 million, I won't be working!", but I just said no... lol
My company have a delay of a couple of months when I ask to increase the salary sacrifice % to the defined contribution pension they have, so I also have a separate SIPP so I can make absolutely sure that I can make a quick payment in current tax year if needed.

Soldato
Just to let you know, global stockmarkets are about to rise around 40-50% in the next 3 months, so any buy and hold investments should be fine. Be wary of when inflation caused by money printing kicks in, current theory is for new stockmarket lows next year.

Stockmarkets going to rise 40-50% in the next 3 months, but those 3 months put us into next year where the current theory is new stockmarket lows...
So buy now, then sell in 4/5 months..

Soldato
My company have a delay of a couple of months when I ask to increase the salary sacrifice % to the defined contribution pension they have, so I also have a separate SIPP so I can make absolutely sure that I can make a quick payment in current tax year if needed.
Yeah I need to look into a sipp myself, but it’s just so much easier to use my work pension for now and not have to fill out the tax forms.

My place doesn’t match contributions but I do get NI relief up to a certain percentage.

I don’t think there’s anything stopping me from just adding money directly into my pension, it’s a publicly available one done by L&G and then I just choice the type of funds it invests in, but I just left it as the default settings as they have been chosen by people that know better than me.

Soldato
I'm pleased that finally ezj is flying.

Great update. Dividend confirmed going forward.

Quite a chunk of my individual shares are in ezj. It's my second biggest holding ant 10pc of my entire isa
I invested in 2021 - great timing, I know - so I'm still 56% down :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom