Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

lol 10x + for me.

I'll withdraw it all at the age of 55, not fussed to read about tax laws relating to this so early, will all change by then.

I think its a 1:3:2

Pension:isa:non isa

400 in pension, 1200 in isa, 800 in regular savers.
And half of that 400 is the company matching.

The regular saver is what I use for the next years holidays/big purchases.
I don't want to have loads locked away in a pension tbh.

Last edited:
Question.....
Say I had a pension pot of 100K and at the age of 55/57 I took 25% (25K of it out tax free, is there anything stopping me from putting that 25K into a SIPP and getting the tax relief bonus of 20% for it; and claiming the rest back as tax rebate it I was in the 40% bracket)?

I've googled around and I can't find a single thing that says I can't do that.. Yes I understand that the rest of the 100K (75K) will be taxed at the income bracket rate.

Also what's stopping me from taking 25% of the SIPP now with the 25K + tax relief at a later retirement date?

I think its a 1:3:2

Pension:isa:non isa

400 in pension, 1200 in isa, 800 in regular savers.
And half of that 400 is the company matching.

The regular saver is what I use for the next years holidays/big purchases.
I don't want to have loads locked away in a pension tbh.

I was not counting company matching or tax refund, only my contribution, which is around £120 per month, ish. On average 1400 goes into my ISA if we are talking monthly.

The pension is with NEST, auto enrollment, and i have chosen the sharia fund, HSBC provided that fund you can check here https://www.assetmanagement.hsbc.co.uk/en/institutional-investor/funds/ie000g1x4xt2?t=3

In case anyone is with nest, pick that fund, its a complete no brainer.

The only other pension i know the details off is my friend who is with the police and i read the police 2015 pension a while back.. Personally i would opt out of that entirely.

Im close to achieving £20k ISA allowance without being in the higher tax bracket

I don't like money locked for any time period, let alone what 19 more years assuming laws don't change.

But you never know what the government will do. It's not really a goal post you want moving.

what like tell pension companies to invest 5% of your pot into a selector that has a failure rate of 90% within their first 3 years.

rather than setup a decent government scheme to finance loan scheme themselves.

I don’t think I’m personally affected as I’m in a mix of auto enrolment and salary sacrifice scheme (so I’ve been told)… but if I was, I would look for a way to opt out.

yeah, if you was 18 and had all your working life left, theres plenty of time for the returns to outweigh the risks.. but the older you are the less time there is to find the diamonds…. Plus the amounts that Pension companies are charging to manage that 5% even if they invest in failed companies is eye watering.

AAL getting absolutely destroyed -20% in one day is bonkers to me. Commodities I get can move so -10% maybe thats the risk you sign up for but this seems a bit out of nowhere. Lower revenue higher costs is all I read, the shares sure do move must be nice for traders but I rate them as doing extremely well further out but clearly thats not on the horizon now.
Dont care about the price I guess they are challenged I need to read more on that, usually its about China outlook

Market overall seems more positive but with dollar index above 100 I think its on a leash still

RR apparently not just turbines but full on rockets :p also unexpected I didnt retain enough

Last edited:
Whats the news, the FED spoke? I wasnt even listening :o

Ultimately Iam bullish stocks but also I think volatility, so prices both directions

QjNB3si.png

Last edited:
The markets are going a bit nuts this morning...
you know you have shares in a bad company if it doesn't make any grounds today..
Just thinking the same.
Upstart popped 100pc pretty much this month. Unfortunately I'm not up 100pc but happy none the less.

I've also been looking for any dead ducks to avoid.. Ie.. Not green

You just never know with this lot. I have a sizeable stack in Vanguard LifesSrategy (LS) and S&P (VUSA) and was wanting to consolidate both in to S&P (VUAG) considering there is already overlap between LifeStrategy and VUSA. I have another separate HSBS S&S portfolio which is UK weighted which I'll leave well be.

I had been debating dumping LS but I just don't know now but I have a "feeling" it will pop early next year. *debate*

You just never know with this lot. I have a sizeable stack in Vanguard LifesSrategy (LS) and S&P (VUSA) and was wanting to consolidate both in to S&P (VUAG) considering there is already overlap between LifeStrategy and VUSA. I have another separate HSBS S&S portfolio which is UK weighted which I'll leave well be.

I had been debating dumping LS but I just don't know now but I have a "feeling" it will pop early next year. *debate*
I've cut my LS lately, still a bit too much in it though. I too think it might jump a bit next year but it's not matching my VUAG. An all world fund only allocates 4% to the UK and LS is a lot more than that

Last edited:
I've cut my LS lately, still a bit too much in it though. I too think it might jump a bit next year but it's not matching my VUAG. An all world fund only allocates 4% to the UK and LS is a lot more than that
Flogging LS is a right proverbial an all. Takes several business days to trade and always seems to be on a dip (:

I'm out of LS. I can see it staying that way unless UK can pull its socks up. Great gains in US with VUAG/VUSA and US dominated "All World" type funds, but can it continue? Vanguard have doubts themselves, but obviously you just never know...

I personally see LS as a long term investment kinda like another pension.

The whole point of a LS is for people who don’t want to put together their own packages or pick the companies to invest in individually. Having another tracker/ETF of a similar weight really messes up the weighting of LS plans… it’s like having a sound system setup by a professional and then setting up a second sound system and having them both playing music at the same time. Lol

Having said that there’s a overlap even in some LS plans themselves.. personally I’m happy to let someone else look after the main bulk of my money, and mess about myself with smaller funds.

I took a look at the different funds I have including pension and it turns out about 10% of my money is invested in Apple and I’ve not purchased a single share individually.

What is going on.
I mean I know.
I've got stocks going crazy green everywhere

Im up 13pc portfolio wide this week

Things on my watch list are up. 5-10-15 percent today. Basically a sea of green.

Upstart up 100pc this month
30pc this week
And 5pc today on open

Last edited:
What is going on.
I mean I know.
I've got stocks going crazy green everywhere

Im up 13pc portfolio wide this week

Things on my watch list are up. 5-10-15 percent today. Basically a sea of green.

Upstart up 100pc this month
30pc this week
And 5pc today on open
I can only put it down to positive news on inflation. I'm sure they'll fall back a bit but 2024 is looking quite promising imo.

Back
Top Bottom