Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

I've read a bit in the past about having some gold in your portfolio. I've just taken a look and buying gold doesn't look that simple? There are loads of different ETCs to choose from and they all sell at a different price. Is there a rule of thumb for a numpty to follow if I were to take a dip into gold? H&L are saying some investments may be complex thus unsuitable for some investors. I'm not sure what that means other than I'd need to avoid the complex investments.

I've read a bit in the past about having some gold in your portfolio. I've just taken a look and buying gold doesn't look that simple? There are loads of different ETCs to choose from and they all sell at a different price. Is there a rule of thumb for a numpty to follow if I were to take a dip into gold? H&L are saying some investments may be complex thus unsuitable for some investors. I'm not sure what that means other than I'd need to avoid the complex investments.
Personally I'd just buy physical gold if I wanted to hold some.

Ishares Physical Gold

May as well just buy real gold bars they start around £100, but I don't know how exchange rates are when you come to sell it.
I think they have to inform the gov/taxman if you purchase over a certain amount though

I'd store them under a floorboard if I were keeping any at home

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom