Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

I somehow slept on the fact that Trading 212 has a free ISA so set one up and been funding it over last few weeks. I have a GIA with free trade not an ISA, honestly, it's in the red because of dumb *** meme stocks so I wasn't worried about tax but I am now getting close to breaking even so I wanted to make sure it's as efficient as possible.

There doesn't seem to be a way of transferring my freetrade shares to trading 212 unless both are ISAs? I presume I'd have to either wait until next year and open a freetrade Isa, move from GIA>ISA and then move that to T212. Or else sell my freetrade positions, move cash back to my bank account and then back out to T212? Unless I am being thick there's an easy way to do it?
You can’t transfer shares from a GIA into an ISA even if it’s on the same platform. You have to sell them (bed) and then transfer the cash into the ISA.

I had to do that with most of my GIA this year hence why it’s totally in the red at the moment as anything that was green got sold, cash transferred into the ISA where it was used to buy different shares.

There’s no reason why you can’t do it this year now that you can have serval ISA accounts, unless you gone over the 20k isa limit.

Back
Top Bottom