Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Depends what fair value is and whether the trend down will continue. The news is second to the trend I think, when they combine is when the big falls really happen like a spring tide storm surge.
The dubai thing is overblown but the over reaction is a sign of further negative moves ?

Soldato
anyone got any thoughts on RBS today? im thinking of selling RIO (around 30% up) to get into RBS

I was thinking that BHP may bid for RIO by the 5th but it does not look like its going to happen.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Have a look at GVC (Gaming VC) Paid me an average of 20% annual dividend over the past 3 years, doubled in price this year, loads of cash, no debt, improving market in Europe and South America, good man at the helm....

Dividend is still 17-ish % I think.

NOTE: This is not financial advice, DYOR, all at your own risk, etc, etc...

Soldato
rio has better fundamentals then rbs but share prices are about herd dynamics more then anything else I think

Look at lloyds sinking right now, I'd rather bet on that floating back up after rights is finished

The freaky thing about that video is the detail he goes into, and the confidence he has it what he's saying. It's is as though he's seen the future.

Or noticed the past. Its not him so much as the economics he uses is Austrian economics which is the opposite to Keynes supply side 'voodoo' type economics which created this mess basically

Buffet said:
What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history

Last edited:
Soldato
well it worked out very well, I sold the RBS this morning and made around 7% which is not bad at all for one days work.

Im going to jump back into RIO. I think they will fall back down in the Medium term however I expect them to go up When they announce the joint venture with BHP or BHP may just try and take them over again, so there may be a little money to be made in the short term.

Soldato
The freaky thing about that video is the detail he goes into, and the confidence he has it what he's saying. It's is as though he's seen the future.

The 'mistakes' are done deliberately but with good intentions much like now

NY Times - Published: Thursday said:
In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980's.

''From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us,'' said Peter Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. ''If they fail, the government will have to step up and bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/b...ng.html?amp;sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

http://www.yelp.com/topic/los-angel...-to-a-story-in-the-new-york-times-9-years-ago

Ludwig von Mises said:
There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion.
The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved

Soldato

I know a lot of people will have considered buying some of the bank shares because of the high profit/risk so thought this chart might be appreciated.

It seems to show the Lloyds price adjusted retrospectively for all those dilutive rights issues, I think theres been about 4 now

lloydschartimagecgi0668.png

Back
Top Bottom