Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Yes, no reason why not, depending on the broker's margin rules. Tradefair simply close trades if you're down =< your available cash. A £1 stake would leave you with £49 so your trade would only get closed/all your money taken if your trade went to -£49.

Don't stake on any stocks above about 250p and that's relatively 'safe' (would need a 20% swing to close).

And don't forget to look at the spread, especially with such a small margin.

Associate
A paper claimed it might be worth buying shares in ITV as they may be sitting on £100m pre tax profits if the Government change a law about rebroadcasting fees. Any truth in it?

I'm curious, which newspaper was that in? Saw something on III today which suggested quite an uptake in their shares.

In the last year they're up nearly 120%.

Associate
Hmm i dont like Merlin financial's but good luck! bought IPO infinis shares this morning, some interesting stuff in there balance sheet but i think they have more potential than the merlin shares.

I cant make my mind up if buy some twtr shares or not when the us market opens

Associate
Hmm i dont like Merlin financial's but good luck! bought IPO infinis shares this morning, some interesting stuff in there balance sheet but i think they have more potential than the merlin shares.

I cant make my mind up if buy some twtr shares or not when the us market opens

Energy generation a difficult area. People don't want nuclear/oil/gas/coal power stations but they don't want wind farms on their door steps either. One of those area that make you think what do people want?! :confused:

Associate
The other big area Infinis is in is Gas Generation from landfill which i know quite a bit about as we do the drilling on landfill sites for the peizometers they extract the gas from.

Guy hands is a character though, he wanted his dividend from the company so he made them raise debt to pay it... not sure what that says about the management direction.

Back
Top Bottom