Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I'm lucky enough to not give a shiz if it all goes to 0, yes it would be nice if it made me a millionaire but everything I have in shares is free money, I'm not putting things on credit cards or not paying bills etc, its all money from crypto profit...

I'll punt on daily stuff using 212 and having a quick look at what some of the guys here talk about, I wont do it blindly and I check out a bit of history..

I don't get the whole thing about not sharing knowledge, that's what we're here for, and if it makes you rich, why not share it with others, there will always be enough to go around..

Or am I missing something?!

Quite a lot apparently!

Associate
I'm staying far and wide from anything EV related that isn't actual real stuff for all to see. It's literally all just vapourware at this point.

Agreed. Companies like Nikola and FUV will never realize their current value. Just sold XPEV @ $70 as it's surely in for a correction soon. Despite being one of the good ones with actual long term prospects the hype is insane.

Soldato
Not really to be honest, it takes a while and I get the impression you don't really care.

I don't care in so far as all of my shares could go to 0, but I care in as far as if you know something that I don't then I'm all about learning stuff, and if it helps others on the thread here, then, as I said, share the love, there's certainly enough winnings to go around...

Soldato
I'm staying far and wide from anything EV related that isn't actual real stuff for all to see. It's literally all just vapourware at this point.

I get the comments about EV stuff and vaporware, but its coming, so if you're in for long term then you want to be looking at mining companies, battery tech companies and so on..

While the majority of my shares are in AML, RR and IAG, I also have GGP and UFO, and I am looking at FSR, NKLA, NGA, GIK, FIII and SOLO..

So yeah, maybe some of its vaporware but if you can get in on 212 or somewhere with decent fee's then making a quick buck on a punt here and there, especially if you're lucky enough to still be working, but arent spending money on going out its worth a hundred quid or whatever you can class as a trivial throwaway amount to stick into something like this and see where it takes you..

Soldato
Very strange thing happened today.

I bought 1000 of XRP/Ripple at 0.4310. I did want to buy more but the laws around Crypto as CFDs changed and Trading 212 implemented them shortly after me buying in.

As the price rose above the 0.5, I set a stop loss slightly higher than my initial purchase price 0.4350.

At 02:48 they changed their margin requirements form 50% to 100% citing volatility.

At 06:25 they closed my positing at 0.4020 saying the stop loss kicked in.

The thing is at 06:25 the XRP was trading at 0.5456

Checking other charts around confirms that is never dropped below 0.5 during this period. So I'm at a loss as to how they closed it at 0.4020. The only thing that would come to mind is a huge spread. Really huge.

*All times GMT -4

EDIT:

Interestingly, you can't trade NIO CFDs anymore

Last edited:
Soldato
Reminds me of a case a few years back worth repeating of some unknown trader who took cans and bottles to recycle and invested the cash, not the usual path to riches but apparently he was a millionaire (and never used any of his capital especially). I forget the proper detail but he took a lot of risk and detail in commodities and small stocks I think, most of us cant do that regularly and compound gains.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/tramp-who-collected-tin-cans-1054743
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/166170/Tramp-gets-1m-from-recycling-old-cans
https://dividendrealestate.com/average/

I noticed junior gold minors tripled from March to the peak and are likely to fall till gold stabilizes in its pricing. The vaccine is no reason really as we are seeing dilution of the dollar but profit taking and pullbacks is fair I guess. I see stocks with 8% yield that can pay it on no debt, still risky of course and the main argument relies on 2011 era being over with.

maybe 120 a pivotal price for RR

Soldato
If I invested say 1k of money in Barclays at somewhere around start of lockdown I'd have doubled it by now based on the stock price?
Yep, but most wouldn't have. Most were too busy selling and panicking.
For the current time, I'd not personally buy Barclays right now. Would have paid off well to date since the low but I've seen some pretty dire stuff around banks, albeit notably the EU banks but also UK ones too. So far things have been okay. For me, I'd want to see a convincing move over about 170 from here

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, but most wouldn't have. Most were too busy selling and panicking.
For the current time, I'd not personally buy Barclays right now. Would have paid off well to date since the low but I've seen some pretty dire stuff around banks, albeit notably the EU banks but also UK ones too. So far things have been okay. For me, I'd want to see a convincing move over about 170 from here

Can't be that easy though, stick it beginning of lockdown and withdraw now, there would be a minimum period ?

Soldato
Can't be that easy though, stick it beginning of lockdown and withdraw now, there would be a minimum period ?
No minimum period. Can buy and sell when you want and even tax free if inside an ISA. Just a broker fee to pay when buying & selling and stamp duty when buying only.
Outside of an ISA you would just have to keep an eye on capital gains but the allowance is pretty decent and any income you received (dividends) you'd have to pay tax on

Soldato
No minimum period. Can buy and sell when you want and even tax free if inside an ISA. Just a broker fee to pay when buying & selling and stamp duty when buying only.

Seems kind of easy, but it can't be easy as everyone would be doing it, I haven't done anything stocks or shares related but it's something that's crossed the mind as I want to make more money.

Soldato
Seems kind of easy, but it can't be easy as everyone would be doing it, I haven't done anything stocks or shares related but it's something that's crossed the mind as I want to make more money.
It's definitely not easy but investing for the long term kind of is. Trying to make short term gains (trading) to make money is much more risky with a higher degree of failure.

Back
Top Bottom