Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato

Ok if that's as presented - truly outrageous. They've just decided to sell your shares for you at a price they're happy with, using your money?!

This is surely a case of them weighing up the cost of losing billions of dollars more Vs the cost of someone potentially getting convicted and fined and some possible legal action - both of which will cost 10% of what they would have lost

Soldato
Your missing the point. I'm not defending that.

I'm saying, don't be fooled into thinking this is still some crusade for the greater good. Its well beyond that. A couple million people working together to force the price up of a stock to values it should nowhere be is manipulation too
You are making an irrelevant point to split hairs.

And I'm sure WSB would argue with the dictionary definition of manipulation :p

"the action of manipulating someone in a clever or unscrupulous way."

Literally they are tweeting that their autism will outlast Melvin's ability to pay :D

Soldato
You are making an irrelevant point to split hairs.

And I'm sure WSB would argue with the dictionary definition of manipulation :p

"the action of manipulating someone in a clever or unscrupulous way."

Literally they are tweeting that their autism will outlast Melvin's ability to pay :D

Haha ok fair enough, the original idea is clever. But yea, its disorganised to some extent.

Soldato
What does this actually mean for Gamestop themselves? Obviously they're hugely overvalued right now.
I'm hoping they could shift some shares they own to help get some cash and keep the business viable. Followed by people actually supporting the business itself.

That would be a good outcome IMO.

EDIT: I really don't like AOC at all but that tweet is amazing, I like where this is going.

Soldato
I'm saying, don't be fooled into thinking this is still some crusade for the greater good. Its well beyond that. A couple million people working together to force the price up of a stock to values it should nowhere be is manipulation too

For sure both sides are trying to manipulate and that's a risk that comes with a free and open market but apparantly common people aren't allowed to do this as evidenced by everyone who doesn't have a personal broker being effectively banned from buying these shares

Hedge funds don't have millions of accounts with x100 leverage.

Its not black and white

No hedge funds just have 1 account worth billions, mates rates on the markets and supercomputers running algorithims to game the market, not to mention paying the retail exchanges for user trade data to use against them, they already play the game with loaded dice vs normal people

Soldato
For sure both sides are trying to manipulate and that's a risk that comes with a free and open market but apparantly common people aren't allowed to do this as evidenced by everyone who doesn't have a personal broker being effectively banned from buying these shares

They aren't buying these shares though, its options with x100 leverage. There is an argument to make they should not be allowed these type of derivatives, because you know who is on the hook if a redditor loses 10m, not the redditor . You go far enough down the line and that money will come from banks and peoples savings.

No hedge funds just have 1 account worth billions, mates rates on the markets and supercomputers running algorithims to game the market, not to mention paying the retail exchanges for user trade data to use against them, they already play the game with loaded dice vs normal people

Nothing is stopping 50 people from Reddit creating a hedge fund though.

Soldato
They aren't buying these shares though, its options with x100 leverage. There is an argument to make they should not be allowed these type of derivatives, because you know who is on the hook if someone on the street loses 10m, not them. You go far enough down the line and that money will come from banks and peoples savings.

Nothing is stopping 50 people from Reddit creating a hedge fund though.
What's the saying? I owe you £1,000 it is a big problem for me. I owe you £1,000,000 it is a big problem for you. :D

Soldato
They aren't buying these shares though, its options with x100 leverage.

But they are, to cover the options that expire tomorrow, not all of them but obviously they are being bought behind closed doors

Even without retail manipulating the price looking at the volatility there's been a good war going on between the wallstreet club members

The exchanges basically said today, you can either hold or you can sell to wallstreet, **** you if you want to buy though, it's only wallstreet who are allowed to move the market upwards when it benefits them

Soldato
But they are, to cover the options that expire tomorrow, not all of them but obviously they are being bought behind closed doors

Even without retail manipulating the price looking at the volatility there's been a good war going on between the wallstreet club members

The exchanges basically said today, you can either hold or you can sell to wallstreet, **** you if you want to buy though, it's only wallstreet who are allowed to move the market upwards when it benefits them

You do realise Hedge funds dont have x100 leverage though right?

If this GME was allowed to run, millions of r/wallstreetbet folk with option calls with x100 leverage and no recourse for loss reminds me of this..

the final minute in this scene

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom