Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Associate
I'm taking a bath in my TUI shares - dropped 10% in the last 24 hours after interim trading statement which reported on drop in bookings and gave some mid term liquidity issues. This wasn't a day trade and I'm tempted to double down at the price they are currently. Always hard to see your money shrink!

You are brave buying into TUI right now, bit of a gamble but there are loads of people cashed up waiting at the bit to book a holiday to somewhere warm (me included) so who knows.

Soldato
any of you grab any of the tickers added to t212?
check the volume on ABEPF and no one dumped before closing, people obviously expecting it to moon like the other lithium stocks

Tried to get some of this at opening. It's ramped up to 45C and still not fulfilled. Can't decide whether to cancel my order and forever live in regret if it moons or to leave it!

Soldato
The minimum value for placing equity pending orders has been temporarily raised to 100 of the instrument’s currency. As an example, for a USD instrument, the minimum would be $100, while for a EUR instrument, it would be €100.

This adjustment was made for two main reasons:

• The significant volume of small pending orders, reported by stock exchanges. This sometimes triggers red flags for various market manipulation tactics. We’ll be looking for a solution to filter only some of the pending orders but until then, there has to be a hard limit.
  • The huge number of small pending orders awaiting execution after 14:30 GMT+1 that slows down the processing time of our execution intermediary. We are working with them to resolve the bottleneck.

*Market orders’ minimum requirements have not been adjusted.*

Seems that T212 has put limits on limit orders to £100/$100/100euro minimum :( Sucks if you want to put £50 into something and didn't want to market buy

Caporegime
Tried to get some of this at opening. It's ramped up to 45C and still not fulfilled. Can't decide whether to cancel my order and forever live in regret if it moons or to leave it!
I just bailed on it since I was like 70% profit could be a bad idea.

grabbed some more WDDMF though looks like the momentum is still there

obviously risky though with these penny stocks

Seems that T212 has put limits on limit orders to £100/$100/100euro minimum :( Sucks if you want to put £50 into something and didn't want to market buy
yea they really want to hurt small retail investors, it's probably because of all the pumps recently making things silly volatile...

seems lame imo just because the boomers don't get momentum drives.

if anything it just makes it more likely people will lose money

Soldato
yea they really want to hurt small retail investors, it's probably because of all the pumps recently making things silly volatile...

seems lame imo just because the boomers don't get momentum drives.

if anything it just makes it more likely people will lose money

Any alternatives to T212 that aren't crippling small investors ? Will probably stick with 212 for the Pie but I need somewhere I can do limits that are less than £100

Associate
Any alternatives to T212 that aren't crippling small investors ? Will probably stick with 212 for the Pie but I need somewhere I can do limits that are less than £100

Freetrade have a 'pro' account which is a tenner a month but you can do limit orders on there and I don't think there is a minimum limit.

Associate

I'm waiting for IG to reopen new account sign ups for share dealing for my fun money portfolio/day trades. Ideally I want something that integrates directly with tradingview but there don't seem to be any options in the UK that also have 0 commissions on stocks. Plenty that offer CFD/forex/crypto but not interested in that.

Soldato
Freetrade have a 'pro' account which is a tenner a month but you can do limit orders on there and I don't think there is a minimum limit.

If it wasn't App only I would probably give them a try, looking for something that's web based

I'm waiting for IG to reopen new account sign ups for share dealing for my fun money portfolio/day trades. Ideally I want something that integrates directly with tradingview but there don't seem to be any options in the UK that also have 0 commissions on stocks. Plenty that offer CFD/forex/crypto but not interested in that.

I don't mind commissions as long as they're realistic to the amount per trade so a small % would be fine if it meant I got what I want

sid

sid

Soldato
When do you decide to sell? I am still holding almost all my individual stocks to reach long term capital gains limit. Which would you sell from list below ?

UAL
SNE
ATVI
RCL
SQ
NIO
ALNA
UBER
NET
QCOM
ZNGA
ETSY