Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I bought RBS at 32p about 18 months ago ago... watched them go up, down and up again... Wished I sold at 58p when I had the chance and wondering how much longer to hold onto them for this time.

I'm not in a huge hurry for the money and didn't buy much, so am thinking I'll wait for their results announcement at the end of next week and consider what to do then. Worse case I'll wait longer. In my head I always said I wanted to doubly my money.

Soldato
Sold my LLOY shares at 71.75p, I didn't have that much but what I did have was 30% up so I sold, will buy back some more on a dip as one normally happens at some point. Wish I could say the same for my TW shares which are 40% DOWN overall, with those I am just holding on because you don't realise a loss until you sell...

Soldato
I bought RBS at 32p about 18 months ago ago... watched them go up, down and up again... Wished I sold at 58p when I had the chance and wondering how much longer to hold onto them for this time.

I'm not in a huge hurry for the money and didn't buy much, so am thinking I'll wait for their results announcement at the end of next week and consider what to do then. Worse case I'll wait longer. In my head I always said I wanted to double my money.
Exactly the same here. Hoping to sell for £1 in 2012.

Soldato
RRL is off to a good start this morning - up 6% already - if it creeps past 7p, I would be very tempted to unload and buy back at a later stage.

Someone just dumped 2 million shares @ 6.55! and 2million @ 6.4p!

Man of Honour
I'm down 10% on KEA now, thanks to their 2% rise today, I think KEA will pick up near the end of August, then I will sell it.

I have a small holding in LEA though, but a larger holding in RRL!

Up 8% now... Hmmm!

I might topslice.. I've got enough in there to make it worth it.

Soldato
with those I am just holding on because you don't realise a loss until you sell...
Surely that is a terrible way to measure your wealth and position, pretending that it is worth exactly what you put in at the start?

I have seen many hobby investors get burned VERY badly because they did this - anything that didn't "go well" suddenly became a "long term position" and could be forgotten about.

Don't do it!

Back
Top Bottom