Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

pre

pre

Associate
The vix is due to inflation/interest rates/debt, nothing to do with the iran situation.
It was a response to how "markets will react on Monday to the Israel-Iran war potential?" If markets are responding negatively to VIX you don't think further Middle East instability won't?

Caporegime
Could be good for palantir and any military stocks.

unless something else happens before Monday then I doubt the hit will be much overall

as far as Irans concerned its over. USA is probably telling Israel not to escalate it anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was a response to how "markets will react on Monday to the Israel-Iran war potential?" If markets are responding negatively to VIX you don't think further Middle East instability won't?

No your vix spike is friday morning, the attacks on israel are saturday night.

You can come up with any predictions you want but there is no data you can point too.

pre

pre

Associate
I wonder how the markets will react on Monday to the Israel-Iran war potential

No your vix spike is friday morning, the attacks on israel are saturday night.

You can come up with any predictions you want but there is no data you can point too.

Read - it was asked how will the market respond.

My response was the market responds to volatility - aka VIX literally 24hrs ago. No one said VIX is Nostradamus except you.

Apparently you quote everything but you cannot remember Ukraine or Covid or any other real world events that induce volatility.

Last edited:
Soldato
IDS… Royal Mail..

They went up by 25% yesterday as they rejected a takeover at 320p per share.

Currently at ~270 so there’s head room, the company who made the offer has until 9th may to make an official offer.

For clarification, I have shares in them.

Associate
IDS… Royal Mail..

They went up by 25% yesterday as they rejected a takeover at 320p per share.

Currently at ~270 so there’s head room, the company who made the offer has until 9th may to make an official offer.

For clarification, I have shares in them.
Apart from the sending thousands of innocent people to prison... Im pretty sure they got a hefty payout fine soon.

Soldato
will the gov try and stop foreign ownership though?
I think they will… IDS literally have an monopoly in letters delivery and even thou the general public don’t send letters anymore, its still standard practice for many, if not all companies for many years to come.

They also handle international mail and parcels from other nation’s mail services, which is where most of their profits come from.

Even thou their staff is unionised, people underestimate the size of their workforce, size and location of their property estate along with branding.

Heck if I was a billionaire, I would love to buy IDS.. imagine the adverts you could run if you move the company into data delivery.. mobile phones network or/and internet service provider. “Been delivering you mail for over 500 years… now delivering your e-mails!”

If the take over bid fails… it would only draw interest in the company from others. Company’s like UPS, DHL etc.. should want a large enough share in the company to block any takeovers.

Back
Top Bottom