Transformers Movie details revealed! ** Spoilers **

Associate
keef said:
i hate cgi animation, it is only any good in futurama!

autoview is set for midnight! lol, hope the mrs dont see it!! :D

Here's some comparrison shots if your interested...

G1 Prime as we all know & love...

optimus-tv.jpg

Energon Prime...

optimus.jpg

Now he does look pretty cool in a still from Energon but when it's in motion & they are transforming it just looks plain useless, really bitty & not very well animated at all IMO

Neil

Associate
am watching transformers energon right now, hahaha, crap. hot rod (roddimus??) sounds just like robocop, hahaha! gonna watch it till the end and see if peter weller did the voice! everyone put toonami on and see if you agree with me ! :D

Permabanned
soundwave said:
Here's some comparrison shots if your interested...

G1 Prime as we all know & love...

optimus-tv.jpg

Energon Prime...

optimus.jpg

Now he does look pretty cool in a still from Energon but when it's in motion & they are transforming it just looks plain useless, really bitty & not very well animated at all IMO

Neil

You thought G1 was well animated?!?!

I love it as much as the next child of the early eighties but it was as badly animated as any other cartoon of the era.

*n

Permabanned
penski said:

I love it as much as the next child of the early eighties but it was as badly animated as any other cartoon of the era.

*n

G1 had really rubbish frame rates. But the actual transformation sequences were great.

And partly the reason we love G1 is because of how crappy the frame rates were.

I can't believe the japanese versions destroyed Soundwave. Soundwave has always been a cassette player, nothing else.
And what about Perceptor, he turned into a microscope for christ sake:

Perceptor
perceptor.jpg

Soundwave
soundwave.jpg

Soldato
Phalanx said:
And what about Perceptor, he turned into a microscope for christ sake:

Your point being :confused:

Edit - ah, are you referrig to the fact the their 'alt' modes changed over the various series'?

Last edited:
Associate
penski said:

*n

Oh no dont get me wrong I'm under no illusion that G1 had good animation, my main argument is the CGI that's used in the current crop of shows is actually worse & I think had they been hand animated as they used to be then it would look far better, I mean the CG transformation animation is easily some of the worst I've ever seen.

Keef,

I told you it was bad didnt I ;)
I cant even bare to watch it anymore because it just completley spoils the whole thing for me.

Neil

Caporegime
Man that last vid brings back some memories

THe sounds of transforming the sounds of their laser guns.

Transformers has a lot to answer, if it wasn;t for them i doubt id be interested in Sci-fi stuff.

awww i so wish i still had all the toys.

I remember getting a megatron from woolworths for £5.99 my mum bought me it to make me Stfu :O

god i love transformers i hope this is good.

Associate
wow i almost wet myself wen i saw that trailer i cant wait till they show some more.
Im a huge fan of the G1 series and own all 3 series in a cool tin boxset the later series did disapoint me but I will wait 10 hours in the rain if i have to just to see this film

Back
Top Bottom