Transformers One

Associate
Not what I was expecting... but it does look like it could be a fun movie.
Will be interesting to see whether this movie actually covers the ideological split between Optimus and Megatron or whether that will will be saved for a future movie

Associate
They should have just done the cgi in the same style as the intro to the bumblebee movie and it looks too comedic and no doubt without an A list voice cast this would be a paramount plus movie and not a theatrical release..

This also isn't how they should do an origin story for optimus and megatron, And I agree with alchal ,it looks garbage and won't beat the 1986 G1 cartoon.

But maybe I'm bitter being an original 80s transformers fan boy.

Last edited:
Associate
I've loved transformers since I was a little boy, was my favourite TV show.

I liked the movies initially, but they've not aged well IMO, storyline for the first couple was alright. They had cohesion, then it went a bit off piste.. the other films were enjoyable watching from home but wasn't worthy spending lots of money going to cinema.

Visually looks like should be for kids, wonder why they went down this route, but the humour, well I like it, which means I've either got the humour of a child (most likely) or its humour for mums and dads, hopefully they havnt put the best bits in the trailer and the rest of it is rubbish.

Soldato
UvC8Rcx.png

Soldato
I've loved transformers since I was a little boy, was my favourite TV show.

I liked the movies initially, but they've not aged well IMO, storyline for the first couple was alright. They had cohesion, then it went a bit off piste.. the other films were enjoyable watching from home but wasn't worthy spending lots of money going to cinema.

Visually looks like should be for kids, wonder why they went down this route, but the humour, well I like it, which means I've either got the humour of a child (most likely) or its humour for mums and dads, hopefully they havnt put the best bits in the trailer and the rest of it is rubbish.
Umm it’s 2024 of course all the best bits and any decent gags are in the trailer or the second trailer or the extended trailer as some dude with a helmet says ‘this is the way’

Caporegime
So why will/does Megatron choose his transformer power to become a Walther p38 9mm pistol lol....

That's always been my wtf, when working it back to a logical degree of stupid. :p

Almost the first transformer I ever had too, but at £9.99 in Woolworths and with a pretty big box mum said no, I ended up with a tiny ass seaspray or bumble bee

HeX

HeX

Soldato
TBH it looks like a laugh. I'm pretty sure this has been set up for a trilogy, so the first one is bound to be the light-hearted romp until the split in ideology comes along later...

While I'm not adverse to what this movie is seemingly offering, I do agree that a movie in the style of the Bumblebee intro or the War for Cybertron games would have been amazing.

Back
Top Bottom