Trap - Josh Hartnett & M.Night Shyamalan Film 2024.........New Nepo-baby incoming!

The general critic reviews seem to be "1st half good - 2nd half awful - Harknett is great" which almost, but not quite, matches the pre-release media reviews.

Watched this last night and it was pretty average. Still enjoyed it but was no where near the level of some of his other movies. Josh Hartnett put in a good shift but the script writing was surreal and focused a little too much on Midnights daughter other than the plot. It didn't make sense in a lot of parts and ended up being a C movie slasher (without much slashing) that was shot well. Overall I give it 5/10. Maybe a once off just for giggles.

I enjoyed his other Daughter's movie much more - "The Watchers".

Last edited:
5.5/10

One of the weakest Shyamalan films, in fact his other daughter's recent effort "The Watchers" felt more like one of his films.
I thought his other daughter was quite good in this (both singing and acting wise) and Josh Hartnett was predictably excellent. In the end the trailer reveals didn't really ruin anything. But, the storyline is just poor and under-developed.

I wouldn't watch this again, just like The Happening and Lady in the Water.

rp2000

Felt like 2 films smashed into one, so much more could have been done at the concert and really didn't expect it to switch half way through like it did.

Didn't realise that was Kid Cudi at first with how over the top he was being.

Not exactly sure what the ending meant either.

Felt like 2 films smashed into one, so much more could have been done at the concert and really didn't expect it to switch half way through like it did.

Didn't realise that was Kid Cudi at first with how over the top he was being.

Not exactly sure what the ending meant either.
This sounds weird as ****. I'll watch it anyway as I like **** films, but they have to be **** on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom