• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Trouble in BF3 but good spec

Soldato
i7 920@4GHZ
6GB @ 1600MHZ
ATI 5970

...and im struggling in places (everything maxed 1920*1200), what do you think my problem is with the above spec graphics card or ram.

Im using 4.6GB max in game of ram but my GPU shows 99% usage (though BC2 isnt far off and I get over 100FPS). I get another 10FPS if I overclock my GPU but this creates massive fan noise. CPU @ around 50% usage.

On average im hitting around 47FPS outside (not clocked) dropping down to an unplayable 35FPS in areas (around the sand bags and smoke middle of the map).

What do you surgest?

Permabanned
^^ Id suggest gfx card, to check turn settings down and see if problem persists, try low on everything first just to check, if it runs fine, increase your settings til problems occur then drop back a level

Permabanned
With everything maxed well no surprise you'd need 3 580's to max that game with no drops below 60 fps. With my spec in sig i'm getting mainly high, 1 low and 1 medium 16AA 40-100 Fps.

Soldato
Whats this?

When using crossfire you must download and install the cap files (catalyst application profiles)

According to what Catalyst Maker twitted: 11.10 preview included the CAP within the package, so you didn't need to install anything separate.

But in general when you get the drivers form the AMD website, download the cap files as well, as they are xfire optimisations.

Permabanned
alternatively you could try disabling xfire until driver resolved, sry i missed you had xfire before, its normally sorted in next release but for a brand new game it can sometimes be xfire issues, particularly if its an NVidia release

Back
Top Bottom