Trouble with surround sound. asus z370 f gaming mobo

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm having major trouble with trying to get surround sound from my PC, I ordered and picked up my PC this weekend. It's Gallium OC custom made PC by Overclockers themselves, it has a asus z370 f gaming motherboard in it, but when I try and connect my Steel Series Arctic 3 (7.1) headset I'm getting no surround sound even though I was getting it in my last PC. So I bought a sound card thinking it might solve the problem, no it still wasn't giving off no surround sound. I've used 2 types of headphones and still no surround sound. I've gotten 2 of my friends that have built there own rigs and they can't see where the problem is coming from, we've looked into the BIOS settings and can't find the problem. I am going to phone Overclockers when they open after the weekend.

Hope any of you can help, thanks. Marc

Associate
I can't help right now but I have the Germanium OC build PC with the Asus Z370-F and have a pair of Astro A40TR's turning up tomorrow or monday hopefully so can let you know how I get on then. How are you determining if you are getting 7.1 surround output - purely by listening or some option becoming available in a menu somewhere?

Associate
OP
Ah nice, well I sent it back to overclockers themselves, I couldn’t get any surround sound whatsoever from a steel series arctic 3 or a Razer Kraken v2 7.1 USB.

Back
Top Bottom