** TRULY INSALE DEALS ON GTX 780Ti & GTX 770!! **

Associate
Reference card designs? Meh, I'm not interested, even if the 780ti is better than a 970 (plus I can't start a new build till June). Speaking of the devil, the today only deals on the front page are the best 2 970s you can get. I'm shocked that there hasn't been a thread made about these deals yet, the MSI one is especially good, since that MSI 970 is the best 970 IMHO. So the Gigabyte 970 is put to shame, especially as the MSI card is a lower price and the savings are more (£30).

I had coilwhine on my msi 970, bought another power supply and still the same
Luckily the person i sold it to didnt mind it
But i wouldnt buy another one of them

Associate
I had coilwhine on my msi 970, bought another power supply and still the same
Luckily the person i sold it to didnt mind it
But i wouldnt buy another one of them

It's affected a variety of cards. Some people get lucky and have no problems. I'm a bit put off, since I was planning on getting one for my summer build. But I've read it gets worse with higher FPS and that over-volting may help reduce it. V-sync helps since 60FPS doesn't usually pose an issue, I guess the simple solution is to not be one of those people running older games at ridiculously high FPS. That and be a bit lucky ;)

Associate
770's now £149.99. :O :O :O

Someone please steal my wallet so I can say no.

The OP should have been updated with this major bargain, I just recommended it to my younger brother. Possibly the best value for money this side of the £200 mark? Though I haven't been paying much attention down here, I'm looking at the range containing the GTX 970 for myself.

Associate
The OP should have been updated with this major bargain, I just recommended it to my younger brother. Possibly the best value for money this side of the £200 mark? Though I haven't been paying much attention down here, I'm looking at the range containing the GTX 970 for myself.

I'd say so yea, although a 960 is similar price and performance, plus come in a 4gb version.

I already have a 770 hence its tempting to SLI, but 2gb Vram isn't very future proof considering how much games like GTA V and Shadow of Mordor demand even at 1080p.

Still tempted, but I am likely to wait for whatever the next gen cards are to upgrade, I can still near enough max out most games.

Associate
I'd say so yea, although a 960 is similar price and performance, plus come in a 4gb version.

I already have a 770 hence its tempting to SLI, but 2gb Vram isn't very future proof considering how much games like GTA V and Shadow of Mordor demand even at 1080p.

Still tempted, but I am likely to wait for whatever the next gen cards are to upgrade, I can still near enough max out most games.

The 770 also can be bought as 4gb..
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-210-OK&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1750

Associate
Haven't installed mine yet been busy at work unfortunately. Is my PSU going to be alright with the 780Ti?

Specs:

Intel i5 3570K OC @4.3GHz
MSI Z77A-G45
8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, 1600MHz
630W Be quiet! Pure Power L8

Associate
Yea, but there is no point SLI'ing a 4gb 770 with a 2gb one (not sure that it would even work), and for the £200 of the 4gb 770 you may as well get the 4gb Asus/MSI/Gigabyte 960.

IIRC you will have to disable 2gb of ram on the 4gb card for it to be capable of SLIing with the other 2gb card. I don't think it will be "smart" and dial down to 2gb to match the other card.

Back
Top Bottom