Trusted CD Key Sites.

Soldato
I used a site called ShopTo last night to buy Far Cry 3. I was hesitant at first because I've never heard of it before. It was only £3.85 so cheaper than the mainstream sites I normally use. The code activated okay so I'm really pleased.

Soldato
I used a site called ShopTo last night to buy Far Cry 3. I was hesitant at first because I've never heard of it before. It was only £3.85 so cheaper than the mainstream sites I normally use. The code activated okay so I'm really pleased.

ShopTo have been around for ages and I used to get all my pre-orders from them during the Xbox 360 era. They've only recently started to get competitive in the digital key space.

Associate
Bit of a thread necro but it's relevant: an indie developer bought a Steam key for his own game via Kinguin then traced where it was sourced from:
Oh i saw that the other day too.

Its kind of interesting, but also you have to consider this guy is kind of new to Game Dev and was just handing out the keys in good faith thinking they were legit.

Still interesting watch though.

Associate
I've never had an issue with CDKeys but I'm also aware that they're not an official reseller so nobody really knows how they're obtaining their keys. I try to use official resellers (i.e. GMG) where possible, and CDKeys if it's significantly cheaper. I don't use any of the other grey market resellers though (G2A/Kinguin) they're a level down even from CDKeys in trustworthiness :p

Soldato
I've never had an issue with CDKeys but I'm also aware that they're not an official reseller so nobody really knows how they're obtaining their keys. I try to use official resellers (i.e. GMG) where possible, and CDKeys if it's significantly cheaper. I don't use any of the other grey market resellers though (G2A/Kinguin) they're a level down even from CDKeys in trustworthiness :p
I do the same, only ever used CDKeys and had no issues with them.

Video is interesting to watch as well

Soldato

I've always largely assumed based on the info available and the pricing that while Kinguin, G2A and various others will source their keys from any shady source (or rather, allow sellers who do so), CD Keys is usually grey-market e.g. sourced from countries where the product is priced lower. Would be interesting for a more thorough investigation into these sites to be done though.

Associate
Dont know if this one has been mentioned but I have used Electronic First for past 3 years and had no problems at all. I tend to buy my windows keys from there, very cheap imho

Last edited:
Associate
Bought Lego LOTR from CDKeys last month but the code redeemed as a Lego Batman game. Took a few days for refund after providing screenshots etc. but was all sorted without much hassle.

Back
Top Bottom