• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Trying to decide i7 920 or i7 860

Soldato
OP
Well i went over today to collect my i7 860 parts and ended up coming home with i7 920 parts instead after a bit of chatting with people at oc.

Soldato
OP
What did they say chippy08 that made you change your mind? :D

Just the case of the tripple channel makes a difference and some other thins with the 920 and the x58 boards i also old them i was encoding but i cant think of all the conversation now as it was too many hours ago.
At my age my memory is crap.

Soldato
OP
Well at the end of the day guys when most were saying go 920 it does keep ringing a bell i had to use caution as not many people on here had the 860 i only seen 1 or 2 but at the end of the day im sure i will still have a decent machine to do all i want for a few more years.

Soldato
OP
Glad you eventually made a decision chippy08. You have a top class CPU. No doubt and im sure you'll be very happy with it.
As already mentioned the difference in the real world of computing between the 920 and the 860 is hardly anything at all. Either way you are the winner and would have got a top setup in the process taking either of your options.
I think OC pushed you on the 1366 due to the fact they didnot have stock of the stuff you wanted. ? Making them fear you could go elsewhere for the 860. So they sold you the 1366 path. ?? lol !! But you did not loose out at all.

Look forward to you getting this rig up and running and how rate it.

McT

Thanks but it was a case of me walking in there and saying straight away whats best i7 920 or i7 860. its true they were out of stock of a few things but i could have changed them if needed but one of the reviews of the 920 was someone saying wow and if you read good reviews like that then its jus something else that wins you over.
Video card i ordered elsewhere as oc didnt have stock and i am someone who cant wait for new stuff when i have money in my pocket im like a kid in a sweet shop lol.

Back
Top Bottom