TSB Upgrade issues

Caporegime
Got a letter from TSB yesterday almost inviting me to complain about their lack of mortgage product transfer service availability for the past 6 months, an offer I have duly accepted as it's basically cost me a several hundred quid (plus interest, of course).

Good old FCA.

Caporegime
I am stumped and sehr happy. Someone rang me recently following on from my complaint, he said he was individually handling the case. I did wonder what the point was, we all know why it went wrong - this guy wasn't suddenly going to unearth something.

Check my account today, and there is an extra £325 in my account. No info on where it cam from so rang them up. They have confirmed it was the compensation :eek::D

Soldato
I have a mortgage with TSB because 2yr fixed was 1.6%. They're still having issues with managing mortgages online so I complained and got a cheque for £150 about 2 weeks later. I didn't ask for compensation or anything, they're probably just used to doling it out.

Soldato
Well, had a bit of a surprise today. TSB said they've reviewed the fairness of their complaints and feel that I wasn't compensated enough. They're paying £275 into my account by the end of the month. That's rather generous.

Soldato
Well, had a bit of a surprise today. TSB said they've reviewed the fairness of their complaints and feel that I wasn't compensated enough. They're paying £275 into my account by the end of the month. That's rather generous.
I've also had a similar letter today, giving me a little over £70. :(

Soldato
TSB's online and Mobile banking seems to be talking a hit right now - lots of complaints on twitter etc with TSB saying the usual "We're going our best to correct the issue" etc.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...-online-banking-app-internet-banking-problems

With online banking becoming a virtual necessity for most due to so many high street branches being closed I'm surprised there isn't some form of Government oversight into ensuring banks can provide access to people money with large fines when they can't due to the banks own fault, rather than external issues. I know it won't stop the "act of God" incidents like workmen cutting a cable 3 streets away or storm damage etc but it would punish banks with poorly run, old infrastructure which is falling over due to lack of care by the bank.

Caporegime
TSB's online and Mobile banking seems to be talking a hit right now - lots of complaints on twitter etc with TSB saying the usual "We're going our best to correct the issue" etc.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...-online-banking-app-internet-banking-problems

With online banking becoming a virtual necessity for most due to so many high street branches being closed I'm surprised there isn't some form of Government oversight into ensuring banks can provide access to people money with large fines when they can't due to the banks own fault, rather than external issues. I know it won't stop the "act of God" incidents like workmen cutting a cable 3 streets away or storm damage etc but it would punish banks with poorly run, old infrastructure which is falling over due to lack of care by the bank.

Virgin are also moving access to their online banking via web page COMPLETELY, like, really???? You HAVE to use their app going forward

Soldato
TSB's app also does some dodgy tracking stuff.
my Pi Hole stops the app from working at all.
why is it trying to connect to an advertising tracker when I login? very odd.

Soldato

Yep I think that's a fair comment. Banks should be forced to publicly announce the availability ratings of their platforms - including any scheduled downtime for maintenance.

Caporegime
Been having issues with the app for months now, where it's complete pot luck if you get in or it gets stuck on the loading wheel after signing in. Technical support weren't able to help.

Back
Top Bottom