TSB Upgrade issues

Associate
It certainly seems like they rushed this project in order to hit some arbitrary targets in order to collect some bonuses. There ought to be some sackings over this (like most of the senior management), frankly the whole business deserves to fail if consumers actually bothered to move current accounts after receiving such bad service.
Anybody with any experience will tell you that migrations are possibly the hardest projects to be involved in. You're faced with the unknown since you'll be lifting the covers to expose a plethora of ****-poor data quality issues that have encrusted themselves in there for years. Those all have to be resolved before the migration can take place. There's just no way to put an accurate timeline to such a project. The fact that they were pulling all-nighters on that last weekend tells you that the fate of that project was sealed.

Man of Honour
Anybody with any experience will tell you that migrations are possibly the hardest projects to be involved in. You're faced with the unknown since you'll be lifting the covers to expose a plethora of ****-poor data quality issues that have encrusted themselves in there for years. Those all have to be resolved before the migration can take place. There's just no way to put an accurate timeline to such a project. The fact that they were pulling all-nighters on that last weekend tells you that the fate of that project was sealed.
I was working at Lloyds when they merged with TSB and was involved in some of the migration onto the Lloyds systems. It took years and there was no hard deadline like the migration off of the Lloyds systens. It was obviously going to fail unless they extended the timelines. It is simply too big a job for a year or two. The data issues you mention are a real factor too.

Don
I would appear to have received some compensation from TSB, at least their complaints department called me on Friday and put me on hold but I was in the middle of booking a holiday so ended up hanging up on them to go and complete my holiday deposit payment.

A bit more than I asked for so can't complain :D

Don
What issues did you complain about? I keep getting letters saying they have had loads of complaints but are taking mine seriously but will take time......
Well, I complained about 2 months ago (my business account) about issues making salary payments due to being locked out of my account - this impacted my employee *cough* as my his Santander account needs a montly payment in to earn interest so I lost interest on that account that month. Then because I was locked out for best part of a month, the free month I got was a waste of time as all that months transactions were postponed to the following month and just shifted the transaction costs to the following month.

On top of that I still to this day get two bank statements every month, one for 1 week and one for 3 weeks of the month. Plus my monthly invoice is also split along the same lines.

What I've received more than covers my actual loses and what I requested as what I thought was reasonable compensation for the hassle.

Received a letter last week saying they were working there way through complaints as quickly as possible then had a couple of phone calls from them as well.

Caporegime
Well, I complained about 2 months ago (my business account) about issues making salary payments due to being locked out of my account - this impacted my employee *cough* as my his Santander account needs a montly payment in to earn interest so I lost interest on that account that month. Then because I was locked out for best part of a month, the free month I got was a waste of time as all that months transactions were postponed to the following month and just shifted the transaction costs to the following month.

On top of that I still to this day get two bank statements every month, one for 1 week and one for 3 weeks of the month. Plus my monthly invoice is also split along the same lines.

What I've received more than covers my actual loses and what I requested as what I thought was reasonable compensation for the hassle.

Received a letter last week saying they were working there way through complaints as quickly as possible then had a couple of phone calls from them as well.

So you lied then?

Caporegime
Wouldn't you? I'd have done the same, but when it comes to banks my moral compass flies so far out the window it probably hits the floor next to theirs.

Not really, he lost put on interest because he couldn't transfer money from one account to another, nothing else

I couldn't log in for a couple of weeks I think, didn't bother raising a complaint because it didn't affect me that specific month, had it happened this month of have moaned for sure

Caporegime
No, I was honest with them as regards my financial losses incurred and gave them what I felt was reasonable for compensation for that and the hassle they had caused.

TSB met and exceeded it.

You said losses was due to you not being able to send money to an employye,which was a lie?

There really isn't much else to it, pretty much every person who couldn't get onto their TSB account could have claimed that :p

Soldato
lol, Paul Pester.

Mind you saying that he's still in line for a fat juicy bonus, despite all the **** ups so who's really laughing.

Yeah, they all have nice gold plated safety nets. I'm sure he isn't worrying how he's going to pay his mortgage. Imagine him ringing his own bank up lol Can I pay just the interest please till I find a new job

Man of Honour
No doubt he will still g t a decent bonus as mentioned above. But, having been involved with migrations in the past, I think it is right that he goes. He is responsible, in my opinion, for the decisions which led to this.

Back
Top Bottom