Tumble Dryers

Soldato
dried inside smells different ... but this is why we have these fancy flavoured fabric conditioners.

that's good, which brand, did it need external evacuation ? I had read samsungs, was it ? don't do reverse tumble.

Our Samsung Heatpump does reverse tumble, still end up with everything inside the sheets. Have ours piped into the washing drain, and its located in the garage.

Soldato
Our Samsung Heatpump does reverse tumble, still end up with everything inside the sheets
checked history, it was LG with the problem
but the balling stuff with sheets is, I agree, a big problem for washing machines too, so often use a large string laundry bag for sheet if it is mixed.

[
far too erudite for a council estate inhabitant
I thought he was Netherlands - eco warriors & wind .... anyway - whirly lines are better.
]

Man of Honour
OP
checked history, it was LG with the problem
but the balling stuff with sheets is, I agree, a big problem for washing machines too, so often use a large string laundry bag for sheet if it is mixed.

[

I thought he was Netherlands - eco warriors & wind .... anyway - whirly lines are better.
]

I won’t argue, but I had a nagging feeling that SGF was from Stoke.

Remind me tomorrow and I'll take a picture of my wifes washing line and line prop

If your wife is wearing a bikini, and propping the line up, that will go part way to making your claim credible, but I’m guessing that a resourceful guy such as yourself, will research an 1888 series of photos of London slum life, and photo shop Emily Ratajkowski in as your wife, pegging out your shirts.

Soldato
have you measured it with a smart plug ? I did this for washing machine to check; it's all like average mileage scams on cars.

Today I had a small leak behind the washing machine, so as I had to pull both machines out to fix it and it's wash day I checked the power usage with the smart plug.

The washing machine which was a long 40c 3h+ wash. Most of my washes tend to be half that time (time automaticity reduces), but I put in the wet towels I was moping up the leak with.

This used 1.18 kWh, so I normal 40c 1h 20+ wash would be around half that.

For the tumble drier a 65 min synthetic storage cycle used 1.57 kWh. Less wet loads (ones without towels in) can be a bit quicker, as it stops early when its dried out.

So for me that's about 20p for a heavy load.

Back
Top Bottom