Do you like Turkish Delight?

• Yes

Votes: 152 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 35.6%
  • Pancake with Turkish Delight

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
yes i love it, in any form, chocolate or powdered. along with bounty.

i'm not sure if one of the reasons is because it, along with bounty, is one of those chocolates that you can safely leave any where in the house, and it'll still be where you never have more than 1 person in a house that likes turkish delight.

A few years back, I was at a wedding on my birthday, on a sunday of all days! Was a unique birthday to be at a wedding for it, but what made it extra special, was that the mum of the bride made a bag of sweets for everyone and left a bag on each plate before one of the many meals. it had about 7/8 random sweets, all home made, but in them was a block of heavenly turkish delight. was amazing powdered cubes, the best i've ever had. Even more amazing was that next to no one wanted the turkish delight, i didn't even have to trade, i just took the blocks of everyones hands. this was a wedding for the groom that was indian, so it had 50k people (i exaggerate but you get my point) and i managed to fill 3/4 bags in no time.

I put them on my seat towards the end of the day, and went had more fun. The only issue was, that being on a sunday, meant I had to leave much earlier than i'd have liked to due to work, and I kept pushing the time back more and more, until it got so late, i had to admit, i have to go drive 1.5 hours to get home, so rushed my goodbyes, and ran to my car and left, leaving my prized turkish delight bags behind.

Was the saddest end to the day and one I wont ever forget.

Soldato
Love the stuff. Especially after a nice mezze platter, accompanied by a Turkish tea or coffee.

The rose flavour probably isn't my favourite. I prefer lemon or mint. It has to have a nice chewy texture to it.

I had Turkish delight flavour ice cream last week and it was also great.

Soldato
The stuff I’ve had in Turkey is a lot nicer than the stuff you get here, which as others have said can be very floral.

It’s basically the same ingredience as jelly tots, which I have soft spot for even as a person old enough to know better. The dislike is mostly about the flavourings added rather than the product itself.

Caporegime
Always buy a few boxes of the regular cubed variety around Christmas.

I do like the chocolate bars too by Frys and M&S.

The stuff I’ve had in Turkey is a lot nicer than the stuff you get here, which as others have said can be very floral.

You can get the Turkish stuff here too, in fact, I've grabbed a box from some (presumably Turkish) convenience store in London before.

Also, some Turkish brands are available via Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom