Soldato
Rotating Signature

This is much simpler PHP script for image rotation:

Code:
<?php

$files = glob('{*.PNG,*.png,*.JPG,*.jpg,*.GIF,*.gif}', GLOB_BRACE);
readfile($files[array_rand($files)]);

?>

No editing needed, just add as many images as you want into the same directory as the script. Limited to .png, .jpg & .gif, although it can be changed.

Soldato
If you have installed NetBeans, the Java IDE under Vista then you'll know it creates a load of garbage in your home folder:

.nbi
.netbeans
.netbeans-registration

These will be created every time you run NetBeans if you delete them with the exception of .nbi. You can safely delete the .nbi folder as it is left from the installer, the .netbeans folder is the user directory (userdir) that stores the IDE configuration, this can be moved with a command line option:

--userdir %APPDATA%\NetBeans

You can use any folder but I like to use the application data folder as it is where most other programs store their configurations. This will actually point to:

<drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans

The final folder called .netbeans-registration stores the user registration status in an XML file, if you delete it then you'll get the registration dialog when you load the IDE next. To stop it generating this folder all the time you can disable registration with the following command line option:

-J-Dnb.registration.enabled=false

So the shortcut for NetBeans looks like this on my machine, it will be different for your machine unless you share the same profile name as me:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NetBeans 6.0.1\bin\netbeans.exe" --userdir %APPDATA%\NetBeans -J-Dnb.registration.enabled=false

Hope this helps anyone who has been annoyed at the garbage NetBeans dumps in your home folder.

Associate
Microsoft Fiddler (don't laugh) is a...

...HTTP Debugging Proxy which logs all HTTP traffic between your computer and the Internet. Fiddler allows you to inspect all HTTP Traffic, set breakpoints, and "fiddle" with incoming or outgoing data. Fiddler includes a powerful event-based scripting subsystem, and can be extended using any .NET language.

Fiddler is freeware and can debug traffic from virtually any application, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and thousands more.

Soldato
Can't believe that Paint.NET hasn't made it in to this listing!

If you have Windows with .NET 2.0 or higher installed it really is the best free photo / image manipulation package.

Does most of the common things you do with Photoshop, but in a more lightweight and free package.

Must have install on any windows based web dev machine i reckon :)

http://www.getpaint.net/

Associate
Anyone have any Java tutorials from their university? The ones online are pants and involve little working or the webpage already gives u the complete solution.

Really need to get back into java and I cant find anything decent to start working through

Back
Top Bottom